♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Hanna mocs confusion

want to get DS (20 mo) some new mocs for this winter. am wondering what size mocs most 2yos wear. i am confused over the Hanna sizing options for the mocs.

first the other day at my local hanna store i got DS the really cute monkey/banana LJs bc they were on sale.

i really wanted to get the matching mocs too, since they were on sale as well and DS needs mocs (he won't wear socks even if it's really cold). But the smallest size i saw for those particular mocs was 7-9. They looked enormous. DS wasn't with me so i couldn't try them on for sure, but i am 99% sure they would be way too big even for 4 months from now.

Anyway, i asked if they had any in smaller sizes and she told me that they don't even make them in smaller sizes (!), that that was the smallest size for that collection. Sure enough, when i get home i look at the catalog in the mail, those mocs with the prints (monkey, owl) start at 7-9. I think that's odd...how come they don't make the mocs in smaller sizes (like 5-7), if the corresponding pj's start at size 80?? Isn't size 80 supposed to be for a (average- sized) 2yo? I can't imagine a 2yo being able to wear those 7-9 mocs, they looked like they would maybe fit a 3-4yo.

And to add to the confusion, i find the mocs online and the smallest size is "7". i am assuming that really means size 7-9, like i saw in the store, right? if it was really size 7 that would be entirely different, but IMO it seems like 7-9 really is more like size 9 which is what i saw in the store.

FWIW, Last winter at 1yo DS had a few pairs of mocs in size 2-4 and they were perfect. He wore size 5 in shoes but IMO the 5-7 mocs were waaay too big (bc they're more like a size 7). Right now DS wears a size 6 shoe and so i figured the 5-7 moc would be perfect now. I am just so surprised they don't make this size in all the mocs. Am i missing something?

wow sorry this got so long. didn't mean to write a book. thanks to anyone for reading this far!
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 09-12-2011 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    And to add to the confusion, i find the mocs online and the smallest size is "7". i am assuming that really means size 7-9, like i saw in the store, right? if it was really size 7 that would be entirely different, but IMO it seems like 7-9 really is more like size 9 which is what i saw in the store.
    Yep, the 7 means 7-9. It sounds like you might stick with the 5-7 "baby" mocs this year. (And buy the monkey pjs in a larger size? ) It does seem a bit odd that they don't start smaller. FWIW, my 28m old DD#2, who's not at all average (>95% for height, and with genes for big feet) is moving into size 9 shoes, and is wearing her sister's old 7-9 hanna mocs now (they should fit for several more months).
    Last edited by mommytoC; 09-13-2011 at 12:30 PM.
    A, mommytoC (DD#1, born 11/05)...and to K (DD#2, born 4/09)!

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I find that they like they can manage Hanna mocs a little roomy, just in case you really want the monkey ones. My 2yo will be def. wearing the 7-9 ones. He's in an 8.5.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thanks everyone. i guess my ds must just have really small feet (even though i'm a giant size 9.5, and he's super tall..about 34" at 18mos..95%ile for height). he wears size 6 shoe now at 20 mos. by March (when he''ll be 26 mos), it will be already too warm to wear mocs, so he won't be much older than 2 when he'll wear them.

tho i may just go ahead and get the monkey ones in 7-9. and i agree maybe now that he's older it won't be so bad if theyre' too big. when we first bought him mocs last year, he was not even 1 year old and had recently learned to walk so i was really concerned about tripping then. Now i guess it isn't as big a deal.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 09-12-2011 at 10:28 PM.

I imagine he'll be fine. My DDs mocs from last winter are 7-9. She was on the larger size of the size below when I bought these (maybe 6 or 6 1/2) but I figured we'd get more wear out of the next size up. She'll wear them again this winter (currently in an 8?)
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

Fwiw, my son is 23 mos and I just got him a pair of 5-7s from one of the outlets. He's been consistently average in size (50/50), and I think this size will get us through the winter. He wore the 2-4 size last winter, and into the spring--I think we retired them around April, when he was a size 5 shoe. I felt weird buying 5-7 when he is already wearing a size 7 shoe, but in our experience the mocs are generously sized.

ETA: As an aside, he currently wears size 80 zippers, but I ordered some 90s along w/ the mocs. They look gigantic--really long.
    Last edited by YouAreTheFocus; 09-13-2011 at 02:49 AM.

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

ITA, Hanna Moccs run quite large. That is odd they are making cutesy ones ONLY for the older kids. It used to be the opposite.
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

Yep very large - DD is now a size 3 and the mocs in a 1-2 are still a bit big.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

Momto1 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

FWIW, my 28-month old is wearing a size 6 shoe and the 5-7s we bought last winter still fit her...
    WOHM to DD, born 5/4/09