Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kidkraft Retro Red One

14 87.50%
  • FAO Schwarz Pink Bake Shoppe

2 12.50%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need your help

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Need your help

If you were to choose between these 2 kitchens for a petite 5 year old and a 20 month old, which would you choose? My 5 year old doesn't really like the pink one, but would play with it if it was actually in our house.

http://www.amazon.com/KidKraft-53173...881015&sr=8-14

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...FindSrc=search

ETA: I added a poll so the lurkers would feel free to respond anonymously!!

I took the girls to TRU yesterday to check out the FAO Schwarz one, and I liked it well enough. It's fairly small though. I'm used to the larger Step2 plasticy ones, so I have to adjust my personal bias on that. DD1 wasn't in love with it, but it's because she said she didn't like the pink. What she really wanted was a McDonald's Drive-Thru window!!! We don't even go there very often! She said she liked the red on it. But in reality, this would be more for DD2 - who will be 20 months at Christmas. So the smaller size would be great for her. And red would totally look better in my house.

What other kitchens should I be looking at? I really like the wooden ones, but am kind of clueless as to where to start looking to make sure I compare all of them before making a decision. I research like crazy on stuff like this.
    Last edited by lhafer; 09-13-2011 at 07:21 AM.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

i like the red one better. looks more "classic" i guess. i normally love pink for my DD, but that pink one is just too over-the-top pink for me.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I like the pink one. The red one is 100% kitchen, but the pink one has that 'shoppe' part which could be the jumping off point for tons of imaginative play options.... market, diner, lemonade stand, maybe even puppet show.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Hands-down, the red one!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Red one. I like that it's just a kitchen. I could see the other one just getting cluttered...at least in my house!

Beth

zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'd do the red- totally cute. It's a little smaller..... and down the road when you want to sell, might be perceived as more "gender neutral" as it isn't pink!

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    I like the pink one. The red one is 100% kitchen, but the pink one has that 'shoppe' part which could be the jumping off point for tons of imaginative play options.... market, diner, lemonade stand, maybe even puppet show.
    Love the read one, but I'm drawn to the pink for these reasons!!

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Red one. I like that it's just a kitchen. I could see the other one just getting cluttered...at least in my house!

Beth
    My kids would not keep all that shelving neat and it would just look like a cluttered mess in my house.
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

I like the red one.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Red one. I could see the other one just getting cluttered...at least in my house!

Beth
    not enough cupboards to hide all the extra food and pans.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast