Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default $200 to blow, what would you get?--UPDATES 29, 42, 44 & 50

UPDATE in post 29, chose a handbag $50 left to spend
    UPDATE in post 42, got a dress from LE Canvas, money all gone.
    UPDATE in post 44, dress is great, handbag has shipped.
    UPDATE in post 50, love the handbag.

So, I saved us $200 and dh suggested I use it for fun money. I'm spending it on me, not the kids!

I have really been wanting a decent leather handbag--thinking black leather satchel at this point.

Otherwise, very comfotable shoes (flats or low wedges), cardigans/sweater coats and plain t-shirts would get the most use around here. Jeans are another possibility, although I don't necessarily need another pair. I dress very casually on a daily basis and have dressy clothes to cover the rare occasions I need them. Not interested in jewelry as I have a bunch of semi-nice costume jewelry already.

What would you do? Spend it all on the nicest purse I can find? Divide it up somehow? Links, suggestions, etc, please!

(BTW, I went to Target looking for Missoni and Nordstrom Rack and Marshalls looking for handbags and struck out.)

Thank you!
    Catherine
    Last edited by crl; 10-23-2011 at 10:52 AM.

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Coach purse with a $100 off $300 purchase.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I definitely think you should use it all to get the purse. You've been wanting/looking for so long!
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

I would use it for a few hours at the spa!
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

I vote for purse or shoes. With a bigger chunk of money like that, I'd want to spend it on a larger item with more staying power, as to opposed to several smaller things.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

If it were me I would go to TJ Maxx or Marshalls and get several of the things on your list....probably a purse and boots would be at the top of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBearsMom View Post
    I would use it for a few hours at the spa!
    Sure the purse/shoes/clothes are more practical, but this would be INDULGENT and awesome--exactly what I would want to do with "extra" money.

Thanks you all! I am such a weirdo, the idea of a spa makes me more tense. I hate people messing with my feet, don't want people I don't know rubbing me and hate to sit still long enough for fingernail polish to dry. Definitely not a spa girl!

Suggestions, links, etc, definitely still welcome!

Catherine

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    Thanks you all! I am such a weirdo, the idea of a spa makes me more tense. I hate people messing with my feet, don't want people I don't know rubbing me and hate to sit still long enough for fingernail polish to dry. Definitely not a spa girl!
    I am the same exact way! I don't think I would enjoy it remotely and I like tangible things I can keep such as BOOTS!

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

If you've been looking for a nice purse, then that would be a great way to spend the money. Maybe hold onto it until there is a fabulous sale? Like the Kate Spade sample sale that was a couple of weeks ago.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast