kmkaull is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Favorite Sit-down in EPCOT

Hi,
    Ok, I am waaaay over-thinking this. Traveling to DW in February with my husband and our son who will be 2.5 years old. I have all my dining reservations in, but am wavering on where to dine in EPCOT.

Right now I have Biergarten for dinner. Thought my son would like the show and the ability to dance, lol. But man, I hate German food. So I'm debating a change.

Please hit me with your favorite family friendly place for dinner in EPCOT.

thanks much

I love the Biergarten. We always go there (three times in three years) and the kids (now 5 and 2) love it. I don't eat meat (but eat fish) and i found plenty to eat. Granted it wasn't amazing food, but it was good. I have lots of nice restaurants to dine at in my hometown (if I'm wanting a gourmet dinner), but the Biergarten is so much fun. There's nothing cuter than all of the kids dancing when the band plays.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Here's where we've eaten (see below - copied from another thread). We love the Biergarten, too. Depending on what you have for character meals, the Garden Grill
    is also great!

Garden Grill for dinner (character meal with (Farmer) Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale) - decent food, great character interaction; I agree with PP about riding
    "The Land" first.

Biergarten for dinner - good beer, decent food, DC love the show! We've enjoyed eating at Biergarten during both of our trips.

Akershus for breakfast (character meal with princesses) - decent food (great fresh fruit - I think DD#2 ate her weight in strawberries during this meal), great character interaction.

San Angel Inn - we ate a late lunch (3:50 pm) here on our last trip (so DH could have fish tacos (only available at lunch), which he can't get at home), after a late breakfast at Akershus. The timing was great, i.e. we were all hungry again, the restaurant was quiet (better to enjoy the great theming), and everyone's food was great!
    Last edited by mommytoC; 09-14-2011 at 11:17 PM.
    A, mommytoC (DD#1, born 11/05)...and to K (DD#2, born 4/09)!

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Never been to Biergarten, but it's one I'dd kind of like to try.

However, the only restaurant we went to when DS was 2 that DH asked to go back to was Garden Grill. It was wonderful both times we've been. (Took a little long getting the check this last time, but DH just took the kids off to ride the Land while I waited.)
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Our favorites in Epcot ~

Garden Grill in The Land ~ great character interaction and family style food (you can ask for more of anything)

San Angel Inn ~ we've eaten here 5 times over the past 4 years and have never had a bad meal plus the atmosphere and margaritas are amazing

Rose & Crown ~ awesome fish & chips and Guiness Stew plus lots of excellent beers and cider on tap
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I agree with the Garden Grill. I wasn't expecting much and was pleasantly surprised. The kids loved the decorate your own cupcake dessert.