Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default what do you use to hold bath toys?

a mesh bag? do you hang it somewhere?

DS has several bath toys and a set of foam letters/numbers he likes to play with in the bath. i need something to hold them in though, for when after bath is over and i want to let everything drip-dry and not get moldy and nasty.

there are tons of pieces so me having to take the pieces out one by one every night and lay them somewhere to dry is not really an option..lately i've just been draining the tub and leaving them in there but i wish there was a way to store them somehow so they could dry out a bit

i saw this Boon bug pod in a store one day, and it looked like a GREAT idea (esp the part about being able to scoop all the toys up before draining the water, and not having to deal with picking every single one up). but it seemed kind of gimmicky, KWIM..also a little pricey. plus not sure if i want to deal with drilling a hole to install the holder thing (suction cups NEVER work here) and then it being a piece of crap. though if ppl have these and they really work, i'd totally get it.

any suggestions?

jent is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have the Boon frog pod, which is similar and I liked it, but ...

- the toys didn't get completely dry, but they did all right.

- we used the suction cups, and the whole shebang fell down about once a year. This totally bugged DH, but I thought once a year was pretty good for suction cups.

(We don't use it any more b/c in our new place, the whole tub area is tiled, and tile is ridged and won't hold the suction cups. So we are using a mesh bag and it works fine.)
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

I use a bucket from the Dollar Store like this one

http://www.dollartree.com/arts-craft...8855/index.pro

I just keep it sitting in the tub til we need to use the tub or shower.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

I completely understand what you're saying about the suction cup problem. After several failed attempts at bath toy organizing products, I bought a Kidco bath storage basket. I know amazon sells them for around $13. Its working great. I especially like that since it goes across the tub the kids can reach it to put things in and out and as an added bonus I dont get woken up and scared in the middle of the night because the thing has fallen down off the wall

We have the Boon Frog Pod. It was something I *had* to have, and had wanted it since I bought it for my cousin off her registry about 4 years ago. IT works well enough so far - I've only been using it for a couple of months. I agree that the stuff doesn't get completely dry though. I stuck it up with the adhesive pads and they have been fine.

We have the Skip Hop Tubby and really like it. It's made of stretchy neoprene. It dries quickly and it has never fallen off our shower wall during the entire time we've owned it (over a year). I guess it could be a bit bigger but this way we have a limit on how many toys DD has in the bath. HTH!

mousemom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We just use the bottom of a plastic rubbermaid tub (the shoebox size) that we already had. Works pretty well for us. Tub and toys get washed periodically.
    DS 11/08
    DS2 3/13

Kaylee31 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

i just have a mesh bag w/suction cups like this: http://www.organize.com/toyhammock.html
    It was cheap, has never fallen down, easy to clean, and the toys don't get yucky.
    I originally bought the cheaper, Munchkin version of the Boon pod, and it constantly fell down and drove me nuts.
    DS - 07/09 - Mr. Tempermental
    DD - 02/12 - Dollface
    New arrival expected 06/14

We use a shelf unit like this one
    http://www.amazon.com/Organize-All-C...6058040&sr=8-4
    I bought it at Homegoods for $20, works great.

We have the Boon frog pod. It was a shower gift It's cute and works ok in the winter when it's dry around here (we live around the water) but falls down all.the.time and lately I can't even get it to stick at all. Right now, the scoop part is sitting on top of an Ikea Trofast bin with all the toys and the rest of the shebang is on a shelf in our pantry. We have floor to ceiling tile in our bath and I didn't want to drill to hang it. I'd imagine if you could hang it with screws it'd be fine, but the suction cups, well, they suck.
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast