Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeLover View Post
    I use a bucket from the Dollar Store like this one

http://www.dollartree.com/arts-craft...8855/index.pro

I just keep it sitting in the tub til we need to use the tub or shower.
    Similar idea here. Baskets from the dollar store.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have a similar basket (with drainage) for tub toys now, but before that I re-purposed the plastic colander that from my kitchen that I had replaced with a stainless steel one. It worked great!
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeLover View Post
    I use a bucket from the Dollar Store like this one

http://www.dollartree.com/arts-craft...8855/index.pro

I just keep it sitting in the tub til we need to use the tub or shower.
    We do this too, but we have a small Valentine's day version we got as part of a birthday party goody bag that seems to sit nicely on the edge of the tub. Only problem is (and this is gross) that the bottom of the bucket does get slimy (I hope it's just soap) after a while, as it doesn't drain from the base, just the sides. That Boon frog pod thing is enormous and everything else I've seen seems pretty small. I like that toy hammock!

ETA BTW, I do think this is an eternal problem. We had that tiered shower caddy thing in our old place and it left rust marks all down the side of our bathroom wall, and the toys always seemed to stay damp. Confound you, bath toys! (shakes fist at rubber ducky)
    Last edited by citymama; 09-15-2011 at 03:30 AM.

for Sandy Hook

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_pea View Post
    We have the Skip Hop Tubby and really like it. It's made of stretchy neoprene. It dries quickly and it has never fallen off our shower wall during the entire time we've owned it (over a year). I guess it could be a bit bigger but this way we have a limit on how many toys DD has in the bath. HTH!

We have this one as well, and we love it. DS just started learning how to put his toys away at the end of the bath - he seems to think it's like a basketball hoop
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

i bought a pbk set on a lark one time and we've been using that bag for stuff ever since--- it's huge and has tons of holes and drys fast (it's mesh)

sometimes we leave extra "foamies" on the wall. periodically i let them soak in a very diluted bleach solution while i clean the rest of the bathroom. dh does bathtime and cleans out the tub each night, so far we haven't had too many bath toy casualties..so i guess he does it well

We have a lot of bath toys and some are on the larger side. We generally let them dry in the tub and then throw them into a square laundry basket that sits in the bathroom closet. It's nice and open so it's easy to find specific toys and it's easy to move since it has handles.

http://www.amazon.com/Sterilite-Whit...6089336&sr=8-2
    -----------------------
    Karen

We have this over the tub basket:
    http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/...oductId=534087

I think PP might have been referring to the same thing. We have tried many things over the years (my oldest is 8) and this is by far the best for us. It drains/dries toys full of water, very young kids can pick up all their toys and get them in/out no problem, kids can dig through and find their toys, etc. I also have a bucket that I keep in the linens closet with extra toys that they rotate in and out (after all dry). Tub toys "on rotation" must fit in the over tub basket. It is small enough that even when my mom is over and showers, she leaves it in there and doens't find that it interferes with space. I also hang a washcloth over edge sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyfeara View Post
    We have a lot of bath toys and some are on the larger side. We generally let them dry in the tub and then throw them into a square laundry basket that sits in the bathroom closet. It's nice and open so it's easy to find specific toys and it's easy to move since it has handles.

http://www.amazon.com/Sterilite-Whit...6089336&sr=8-2
    That's exactly what we do!

I use a plastic colander. Simple and works great.

We rotate in and out of the tub. There's a storage tub under the sink that the toys cycle through so there aren't all of them at the same time.

we have the Boon Frog Pod and I just got the Skip Hop Tubby because we needed more storage space.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast