Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81
    arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Goldenpig, I see you have branched out to Tory Burch! I love it!

The TB skirt is fabulous! Wish I could see the TB dress in its entirety! The last outfit is my fave. I like the rocker edge.

I also like how you paired the reddish sandals with the grey tights. Daring but cool.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

goldenpig is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    Goldenpig, I see you have branched out to Tory Burch! I love it!

The TB skirt is fabulous! Wish I could see the TB dress in its entirety! The last outfit is my fave. I like the rocker edge.

I also like how you paired the reddish sandals with the grey tights. Daring but cool.
    My first time trying Tory Burch--found it on sale over the holidays. I LOVE the skirt--it's similar to an Anthro skirt I saw but much better quality, nicer colors/fabric and more interesting design. And the dress is really fun, too.

Since you asked, arivecchi, here's a pic of the navy shirt dress by itself, with my red bow belt, red pumps and red tote bag. I was worried it was too young and sweet looking especially with the white hearts all over, which is why I decided to try toughening it up. Totally different vibe, isn't it?

Here's some close-up pics of the dress and accessories:
    Last edited by goldenpig; 01-04-2012 at 10:21 PM.
    Party of five!
    Double big sister
    Big brother
    Little brother

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

GP, love the orange Anthro dress. I have a similar style dress, shorter, and blue, from Max Studio. The way the fabric "slices" lay is actually very slimming.

Here's the Anthro Cord dress I got. It's a darker orange and fine whale, which I like. I don't have brown boots (other than my bare traps), so thinking of wearing it w/gray boots (gray tights?), and I have a wide, gray suede belt with laser cutout pattern from Gap. IDK. I'm sure brown accents would look better.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-Anthropo...item19cc3ab2b1
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

goldenpig is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Dr. Sally, nice dress! You naughty girl for posting an active eBay listing with 17 minutes left, tee hee! Too bad I'm on "shop your closet" now. I never thought of orange and grey together but it sounds like an interesting combo! Can you post a pic of you wearing it with the grey belt, tights and boots? I'm so curious now to see how it looks on you!
    Party of five!
    Double big sister
    Big brother
    Little brother

Goldenpig, thanks for the pic of the dress! It is really pretty. I adore her patterns. I don't have any TB dresses and I really covet one! The boots are A-MAZING! Love them!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

This is so cute. Yes, it would look fantastic with brown tights and boots or all black accessories! Try it with your gray accessories and report back though! Could be an interesting combo!

Here are some images for inspiration!

http://www.google.com/search?q=orang...w=1427&bih=738
    Last edited by arivecchi; 01-04-2012 at 11:25 PM.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Thanks, guys! Didn't think about black, i could do that. Fun link.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

So I have a question for the fashionistas...how do you spice up a boring outfit?

Like GP, I'm trying to make use of the things in my closet. Prior to my recent fashion awakening I was pretty boring...basic colors and basic safe styles. So how do I take those basics and make them more fun/interesting?

For example yesterday I wore navy slacks, a white button down with a subtle navy and sage stripe, and a sage crewneck sweater. You could see just a pop of the shirt at the collar and cuffs. The sweater is a plain knit and falls just below the waist so too short to belt. I'd consider this a basic LE catalog kind of look. I like the colors together and the pieces fit well and are comfy but the total look is just meh.

How do I take something basic like that from drab to fab?
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    How do I take something basic like that from drab to fab?
    Scarves, belts, jewelry and shoes!

I was wearing a boring sweater and cords for work yesterday and then I added this:

The outfit quickly went from drab to interesting and looked more polished.

By the way, for those of you who have the LE canvas gray poncho, I love it with a long wool skirt as well!

DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Love that necklace, A!
    ITA w/scarves and jewelry. I've also found that a pop of color with a colorful winter coat and coordinating pattern scarf really helps make things more interesting. I have cobalt blue and dark orange winter coats that i love. I always get compliments on them. I'd love to get a dark red wool coat as well. Interesting purses also seem to elevate an outfit as well, IMO.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81