Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

My goal is 2, maybe 2.5 years. My kids are all 95 - 99% in height and I am not interested in extended rear facing. They are all so long and I do not want their legs folded up like origami.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

DH is suddenly concerned about DS2's legs not fitting even though he still has room. I trutted out the "better a broken leg than a broken neck" phrase and that was that! Don't FFing kids break their legs more often than RFing kids in car accidents?
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

mecawa is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Well with DD1 we only RF'd until 15 months (7 1/2 years ago, I didn't know any better). And I was actually very uncomfortable with that decision, but it was the thing to do back then, even the ped. told me it was a non issue. With DD2 we just turned her FF about a month ago at 2 yrs. 8 months. because of a space issue with DD3 coming but this time I felt a lot more comfortable with the decision, she was ready, and so was I.

My goal is 2 and Im sure we will exceed that. The limit on DS' seat is 35lbs, my plan is to keep him till he is at or close to 35, but I do think I will be happy with at least 2.5yrs if we can make it that far.
    DS 1/10 "boo-boo"

For the moment my goal is age two. I like to think we will make it longer. I drive a Forester and rear facing means the passenger seat is pulled really far forward. Right now it is seldom an issue because dh drives a Flex and we usually take that when we all go somewhere. The main constraint may end up being the relatively low rear facing weight limit on the Britax Roundabout we got for dd because it is one of the best fitting seats for our limited space in the Forester. DD is big, not huge, but big.

Catherine

My goal is 2, and I'm so thankful for the new AAP endorsement of 2 yes b/c with DS1 I had to tell my DH that the ped told us to keep RFing after 1 since DS1 was so small (slight fabrication for the benefit of our DS). So we made it to just under 2 with him.
    With DS2, I plan to go to at least 2 then determine my strategy for convincing DH to continue.
    He routinely jokes that our boys will be "RFing and still breastfeeding when they're 18." but luckily he's learned that trying to change my mind about either of those issues is a non-starter with me.

ds2 was RF until 4!
    ds1 until 3, I'd say...
    ~laura in miami~
    ds1 7/03
    ds2 7/06
    Welcome/Intro to Infantreflux (I'm a Mod)

mousemom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DS will be 3 in November and is still comfortably rearfacing. We'll keep him rf to the limits of his seats - hoping to get through the bad weather this winter, but I haven't weighed him lately, so we'll see.
    DS 11/08
    DS2 3/13

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DD1 was 2.5 when we had to turn her around.........so our goal is 2.5 with DD2 as well.....

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

MamaInMarch is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DS will be 3 in March and honestly, I am ready to turn him. But I won't. He is happy as a clam sitting RF and his seat is a Radian XTSL with the RF limits at 45 pounds and at this rate he could probably be RF til he's 6. (Currently weighs 29 pounds and he's short.) If he really does go that long, I don't know that I will actually keep him RF at 5 or 6 but I doubt I'll turn him before 4.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5