Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We only went to a bit past two for the girls but with this next baby, I intend to go until at least three or the limit of the seat. I'm telling myself the girls will be able to see the baby so that will be fun, right?

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS1 is a peanut. He will be 4 in January and weighs 28 pounds. He's in the previous generation BLVD which RF till 35 pounds I think (need to double check my manual). DH hasn't bothered me about turning him and neither has DS1 so I'm thinking I will leave him RF through the winter and maybe FF in the spring or summer so he'll be 4.25 or 4.5. DS2 is following the same growth curve so will probably be similar.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

3 was my goal and then when he turned 3 I wanted to get through winter as I am not a good winter driver (nor are other drivers!!).

Beth

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    3 was my goal and then when he turned 3 I wanted to get through winter as I am not a good winter driver (nor are other drivers!!).

Beth
    Good point. I guess DS2 will be riding RFing till at least next spring!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

for rear-facing, age 5 is the number in my head, but I really think we will get to age 7 or more in the Radian XTSL. I'll have to see how she feels about it at that point. I wonder if it will still be comfortable for her legs by then.

I'll be paying attention to research as time goes by to see if anything changes. But based on weight I am pretty sure she will make it beyond age 7.
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

To the limits of our radian xts. Its the 2009 model so I think it's 35lbs right? They are 29lbs and a week short of their 3rd bdays

HonoluluMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I don't have any specific plan. DD is in a Britax Advocate 70CS that goes RF until 40 pounds.

Just wondering for those who RF to 3+ years, were there any comfort issues with your LO's (growing) legs the older they got?

Quote Originally Posted by HonoluluMom View Post
    I don't have any specific plan. DD is in a Britax Advocate 70CS that goes RF until 40 pounds.

Just wondering for those who RF to 3+ years, were there any comfort issues with your LO's (growing) legs the older they got?
    None at all. I think it's more comfy than having their legs just dangling there.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Quote Originally Posted by HonoluluMom View Post
    It's more comfy for their legs to rear-face than to forward-face and have them dangling. That was my older daughter's biggest complaint; that her legs hurt just hanging there. Rear-facing she would cross them or put them up straight on the seat back. My younger daughter tends to put hers over the sides most often, but sometimes she crosses them.

kids are much more flexible than we are.
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

In DH's car it will be almost 2/1/2 unless someone in my mommy group gives away a RFing seat that doesn't expire until 2013, or I find a darn good <$100 deal on a Roundabout , Triumph, or My Ride (that Target promo a few weeks ago was tempting) because the seat in that car expires in September, 2012. She'll stay RFing in the BLVD until it is outgrown by height or weight. Height is probably a better indicator but I really think she'll be able to make it until at least 3, if not closer to 4 if she ends up being similar in height to DD1 which has been since birth.

We didn't rear face DD1 past 12 months old because we didn't know any better.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast