Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Dear Extreme Hunger; Piss Off, Would Ya????

HOLY COW. I AM SO HUNGRY I COULD EAT MY OWN HAND.

I went through this the first 8 weeks of pregnancy and gained 10 lbs. I taperd off and now at 17+ week, I have had a total weight gain of 17 lbs. I know that is too much - especially given that I was overweight to begin with, so I should only be gaining 15-20 for the whole pregnancy.

But Oh. My. Gosh. I am so hungry today! I did not eat dinner last night and just had cake and popcorn (yes, I know....but I worked late and then had guests over for dessert).

I had cheerios with a banana and soy milk for breakfast at 7:00 am. And then just polished off a couple of small triangles of sprouted grain bread with margarine and jelly! And I AM SO HUNGRY. So hungry I actually feel sick. Like if I don't eat, I might cry.

WHAT THE HECK IS UP WITH THIS HUNGER!????????????????????????????

Anyone else have a seriously out of control appetite during pregnancy?
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by amldaley View Post
    Anyone else have a seriously out of control appetite during pregnancy?
    Hmmm, seeing how I exercised regularly and still gained 40lbs I just might have. You are in the final stretch, you can't gain all that much more. Just go with it. You and baby need it.

Beth

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

i know the feeling! it is horrible to be so hungry, it really interferes with everythig. though i never had such extreme hunger until the second trimester, when the m/s wore off. with my first preg, i did not gain wt at all until 18 weeks, and gained all the preg wt in last 20 wks.

for me, the most extreme form of hunger i have ever experienced is during breastfeeding. baby is way bigger but still being 100% supported nutritionally by mom. the worst is at 6 months, when they're almost 20 lbs. i feel embarrassed as to how much i eat. the other day i ate an entire pint of B&J ice cream without realizing it. and i didn't feel sick aftewards at all. crazy!! there were times on recent vacation where i coslept with DD, and my growling stomach started waking her up at night!! so crazy.

sweetsue98 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Well considering I ate 1/2 box of cheerios at 9pm, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a handful of cheeze its I would say I understand. BTW that was in addition to the dinner I had at 6pm. I am also on bedrest and not getting an ounce of exercise so I'm sure my next appointment will be great! If you are hungry, then baby is hungry so don't deny yourself food!

mariza is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

When I first read this I read it as "Extreme HUGGER" and thought, uh oh, surely she went off on the touchy-feely person at work and got herself in trouble again (sorry). Eat up Mamma, no worries about weight gain allowed!
    Monkey See (DD) 01/05
    Monkey Do (DS) 09/06

kedss is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

eat! baby's hungry!
    (that's my excuse for eating everything in the house, and my baby is 5 months old in a couple days)
    hugs

Kate
    mom to C, 12/03, H, 06/08 and R, 4/11

"When a woman says "What?" It's not because she didn't hear you. Its because she's giving you a chance to change what you said." ~Author Unknown(posting on FB)

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." ~Phyllis Diller

sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't even feel like I'm eating that much and I've gained 4.5 lbs already and am just at 6 weeks.

For me, it's also nausea, though. But yes, I had breakfast (two pieces of toast with honey almond butter and a glass of superfood juice), then breakfast snack (pineapple and cantaloupe) and am now ready for 2nd breakfast. It is 10 AM. :headsmack

I'm with you! I have not had hunger be that much of a problem for this pregnancy. Now I have under a week to go, and for the past few weeks my appetite has been huge! I read that most people lose weight in the last few weeks of pregnancy. I was looking forward to that, but I've had the opposite experience. I've gained 20 lb and am continuing to gain at a pretty rapid pace during the home stretch!

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I *must* eat a high fat/high protein breakfast while pregnant or nursing, or else I will be hungry all day. I swear by this method. Seriously.

I would be starving if I ate what you listed too. Or, rather, I am starving on days where I have fruit or carbs with breakfast. Even PB on toast isn't enough for me.

My best days start with an egg, cheese and sausage on english muffin sandwhich plus a large hot chocolate. No OJ or else I sugar crash later.

IF, I eat this sandwhich, I can easily go 4+ hours without feeling any hunger. I am able to concentrate well the entire time and accomplish a lot. Still, I generally try to time a snack for 3-3.5 hours even if I'm not really hungry yet, just to keep that crazy feeling away.

Snack#1 is usually a cheese stick, yogurt, cottage cheese w/fruit or maybe chips and a drink.

This is honestly the only way I can keep myself from overeating. It isn't great for my weight when I'm not pg., but I find it works ok when pg/nursing because I am eating less during the rest of the day, kwim?

Quote Originally Posted by mariza View Post
    When I first read this I read it as "Extreme HUGGER" and thought, uh oh, surely she went off on the touchy-feely person at work and got herself in trouble again (sorry). Eat up Mamma, no worries about weight gain allowed!
    This made me laugh so hard, I just spat banana out....(yeah, I am EATING while reading all the responses!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast