Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I *must* eat a high fat/high protein breakfast while pregnant or nursing, or else I will be hungry all day. I swear by this method. Seriously.

I would be starving if I ate what you listed too. Or, rather, I am starving on days where I have fruit or carbs with breakfast. Even PB on toast isn't enough for me.

My best days start with an egg, cheese and sausage on english muffin sandwhich plus a large hot chocolate. No OJ or else I sugar crash later.

IF, I eat this sandwhich, I can easily go 4+ hours without feeling any hunger. I am able to concentrate well the entire time and accomplish a lot. Still, I generally try to time a snack for 3-3.5 hours even if I'm not really hungry yet, just to keep that crazy feeling away.

Snack#1 is usually a cheese stick, yogurt, cottage cheese w/fruit or maybe chips and a drink.

This is honestly the only way I can keep myself from overeating. It isn't great for my weight when I'm not pg., but I find it works ok when pg/nursing because I am eating less during the rest of the day, kwim?

Yeah, I should be eating more protein - good point. When I have more time, I eat egg whites and sprouted grain toast. I am a vegetarian (or was before pregnancy...I am eating fish once a week now) and am lactose intolerant, so no cheese for me. I don't do fruit juice either, but I have a weird thing about getting my banana every morning. I get really bad leg cramps and I swear by
    the banana. (But...doesn't the hot chocolate have alot of sugar???)

Great. Thanks alot. All I want now is egg on english muffin and hot chocolate. I guess I know what I am having for my late lunch/early dinner/snack! (ooooh....the power of suggestion!)
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

If you're that hungry, then you should eat. Just make good choices.

Strangely, I have not experienced that sort of extreme hunger with this pregnancy (I did more so when I was pregnant with DS, and I gained 38 lbs that time, which is more than I should have, but I was eating a lot of ice cream too). So far, I haven't actually gained that much weight, but you would never know it from looking at my body because I look like a house. Seriously, I was shocked yesterday when I went into the doctors office and got weighed because I feel enormous.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

MamaSnoo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I am also really hungry. I mean, get out of bed in the middle of the night to eat meat hungry. All I want is protein protein protein. It was not this way the first time. I was shocked this morning to see that I have not gained any weight yet based on what I am eating. I have been eating like a little piggy.....yummmmmmmmm......BBQ piggies sound pretty good right now.
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.

Add me to the list of Always Hungry! It was the worst before I was really showing - my stomach always looked like I had just eaten way too much at my last meal.... oh wait, I did eat too much!
    Kate, mama to
    2DDs and a DS

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Oh man. I thought this was going to get better after the first trimester. Right now I am going nuts because I am simultaneously ravenous while also totally nauseous, which is so unpleasant.

Well first of all you are growing another human being so yeah, if you're hungry, eat!
    Secondly, what you just listed? Thats a snack when I'm pregnant. No way do I consider that alot of food. at all.

I remember polishing off 2 sausage egg and cheese biscuits + a hashbrown + glass of milk. Then eating again 2 hours later.

And shoot me...but I only gained 20-25 lbs. with each pregnancy. If the baby is hungry, feed it!

I also agree, you aren't getting enough fat and protein. Remember, that's what keeps you satiated, and builds strong brains.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2