Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ohiomom1121 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Favorite series/chapter books for a 7 year old girl?

DD is ready to move into some bigger girl books...she is almost 7. Any suggestions? I thought the Junie B Jones books were recommended on here several times but Amazon reviews are horrible.

cdlamis is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We love (and have every one) Hopscotch Hill books from the American Girl author. I think they are out of print so we found ours on Amazon and Ebay.

http://www.amazon.com/Good-Sport-Gwe.../ref=pd_sim_b4

Also:
    American Girl books
    Pet Fairies books
    Daniella
    Mom to 3 DDs (02, 04, 09)

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

It has been a very long time since I was a 7 year old girl, but I LOVED the Little House on the Prairie books around that age, they were the first chapter books I read.

Ramona Quimby
    Clementine
    Captain Underpants
    SAHM to:

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

At that age Little House on the Prairie. I think within the year though I really enjoyed the Ramona, and Ralph S. Mouse books. My best friends in school were all a grade ahead of me so I think that also helped with my interest in reading. They'd read the books first and then I'd read them.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

My 7 year daughter old reads:
    Captain Underpants
    My Weird School and
    My Weird School Days
    Diary of a Wimpy Kid

How about The Magic Treehouse Books. I taught 2nd grade and they were always a hit.

Here are some others that I enjoyed reading and so did the students:

Several Judy Blume books are for kids that age:
    The One in the Middle is the Green Kangaroo
    Frecklejuice
    and the "Fudge" series, Superfudge, Fudge-O-Mania, Double Fudge. (Fudge is a kid.)

Beverly Cleary books. (The Ramona Series, Socks). I always read those aloud to my students and they would always read it on their own when I was done. You may want to read those with her since they may be a bit advanced for an almost 7 year old.

Also there are the Judy Moody and The Baily School Kids series

DD's 7.5yo, and in the 2nd grade. She loves the Ramona series (Beezus and Ramona, Ramona Quimby, Age 8, etc). Our only issue with Ramona is that, depending on the book, she's very young. DD couldn't care less about a naughty 4yo, and took a long time to get into it because Ramona was so young in the first one we read. She likes Junie B. There are Junie B's when she's in first and second, so you can find what grade she is in However, do be forewarned, she calls people names, and frequently says things are stupid. That's a bad word at our house, so there was a lot of "uh-ohs!" when we started reading it and discovered that. DD is also enjoying the Baby-Sitters Club Little Sisters books, which are very cute. However, they do deal with divorce; I think the main girl is Karen, and I remember she talks about going back and forth between parents' homes.
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

kedss is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

i loved the original Nancy Drew books, and Encyclopedia Brown, and some the less grown up Blume books EB White books?

Kate
    mom to C, 12/03, H, 06/08 and R, 4/11

"When a woman says "What?" It's not because she didn't hear you. Its because she's giving you a chance to change what you said." ~Author Unknown(posting on FB)

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." ~Phyllis Diller

My 7 year old daughter loves the Katie Kazoo series by Nancy Krulik.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast