Default ?? on birth control pills

some time ago I saw a posting about getting on the pill and several people had great success with a pill called Lo Estren? Something like that. It had very low side effects and many didn't have much of a period. Someone said they didn't take the placebo and had no period at all. That is why I am posting as I want to get some ore info on this. I recently had a baby and was considering an IUD but after posting and reading the comments I think I want to go a different direction. I was on such a pill years ago and had very little issue. Several people wrote in about this pill and the variety it comes in. I am hoping to learn a little more about it.

I know this is a vague post. If you are in a pill and love it I would love to hear about it. I need a little hormone to help balance me and help with my thyroid issues. I would love one that could help with my weight issues, sensitive skin and often heavy periods as well.

Thanks!!

B

DS 03, 06, twins 09 and new baby 7/11

I'm the one who doesn't take the placebo (there are only 4 of them anyhow) in an effort to curb migraines. My OB suggested it initially to help with heavy periods and it caused my periods to gradually lighten and then pretty much disappear altogether.

I have had good luck with it and haven't had any major side effects that I've noticed. It isn't particularly cheap for me (I pay $45 a month with insurance) but it helps so I'm ok with it.
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

Christina

Thanks for your reply! what is the one you are taking? I too am prone to migraines and want to avoid those at all cost.

B

I use LoEstrin24Fe. Since skipping the placebos I have noticed a difference in the number of migraines I get, particularly since mine are strongly hormonally influenced.
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09