Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37

Quote Originally Posted by dukie41181 View Post
    Good points! I had the light table on my first order and never called about it even after the email they sent out. Days later they called me and thats when they offered me the $25 gift card which was going to be mailed out (although I've never seen it). However, I was the OP on this thread and so I obviously ordered early before alot of the BBB action and I had a lot of things cancelled that others were getting. That tells me they certainly didn't fill orders in the order they were received. Bummer for me but great for others. I do prefer the first come, first served process for sure...its only fair.
    except I wasn't offered the $25 gift card. I ordered shortly after you posted the thread and only got 3 tot time music kits. I'm so sad to miss out on the counting fire trucks. Sigh.

Funny thing is that they honored the $10 coupon so they only charged me $0.20 for 3 music kits.

I recieved my three itrms and the only transaction I have on my credit card from "CONSTRUCT PLAYTHNGS.COM" is a credit of $3.00. I guess I made money.

This was the response I received after my 3rd email asking them to review their process (and challenging their original response that orders were fulfilled on a first come first serve basis): "We always fill orders on a first come-first serve basis on regular items or clearance items. There weren’t very many of the clearance items to begin with, and I can assure you no one received any clearance items before you if there order was placed after you. We do not have a system in place that will allow the warehouse to prioritize or expedite the filling of any orders.

I think more people should email them about this, not to expect anything in return, but to let them know they should fix their system.

cntrymoon2 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by njk07 View Post
    This was the response I received after my 3rd email asking them to review their process (and challenging their original response that orders were fulfilled on a first come first serve basis): "We always fill orders on a first come-first serve basis on regular items or clearance items. There weren’t very many of the clearance items to begin with, and I can assure you no one received any clearance items before you if there order was placed after you. We do not have a system in place that will allow the warehouse to prioritize or expedite the filling of any orders.

I think more people should email them about this, not to expect anything in return, but to let them know they should fix their system.
    See, that is what PEEVES me beyond belief. Don't flat out lie to me. We ALL know that many, many orders were filled out of the order they were placed. When I called, I was given the same response by a rather rude CSR. I'd rather be told "Sorry, our orders got all messed up, we know we screwed up, we apologize" than to be lied to.

It almost seems like they intentionally tried to spread out the stuff to as many people as possible- instead of filling orders in the order they were placed, half filling orders to avoid completely cancelling orders. Not that I think this is fair-but I noticed both of my orders were exactly half filled. I ordered early (or late at night!), after this was first posted, and didn't get the counting fire trucks (and several other things that I really wanted). But it seems that others who ordered later got them. I had 2 orders- the first order did not have a light box (so it shouldn't have been held up/reshuffled in the queue), and I only got half the stuff.

It is clear there is a major process problem there (see above, member got CC credit and received items and I have a remaining 5c credit on their website for some odd reason). I think they have a 1990 inventory/ordering system. Odd thing is, I ordered early in the first morning (I was in Europe, so it was noon for me) and got the items that appear to be in "hot demand" (firetrucks, changable puppets), but didn't get what I really wanted--the Quicksand, balancing dolphins, props for the Alexander book,...

I really do think that there was some plan to "distribute evenly", not by order date/time.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37