Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Diva angst

3isEnough is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

A few hours ago I tried inserting it only partially (just enough where the rim part is inserted) and then turning it the 360. That worked - for the first time ever I was able to turn it. I think the problem previously was that I was trying to turn it when it was already too far inserted, and then it was pretty much stuck.

So far so good, no leakage. It's only been a few hours, so too soon for me to think this is totally solved, but I've got hope

Thanks so much for all the input and ideas. I've been having a crappy day and the Diva issues were pretty much putting me over the edge.

Here's another question: Do you feel it? The times I've leaked, it wasn't in properly and it felt uncomfortable.

I'd try installing it right side out, only far enough in so the stem isn't sticking out and see how that works. And spinnable.

You have me stumped so I'm trying to figure out what it would take for it to feel comfortable and do its job for you. I'd start with the basics and work from there.
    Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it.
    --Moses Maimonides

OK, I have NEVER been able to turn it around. I have tried but I just can't. So, I just sort of "feel" up in there and can tell that it has popped open.

Also, why don't you try a different fold? I use the "7" fold. I could not use the folds that were shown in the pamphlet, they were not comfortable. With the 7 fold, it seems to pop open really easy every time.

Eta: OH, and I always use a back up pad for the first few days when my period is heavy... I always get a little leak here and there on those super heavy days.

Quote Originally Posted by 3isEnough View Post
    A few hours ago I tried inserting it only partially (just enough where the rim part is inserted) and then turning it the 360. That worked - for the first time ever I was able to turn it. I think the problem previously was that I was trying to turn it when it was already too far inserted, and then it was pretty much stuck.

So far so good, no leakage. It's only been a few hours, so too soon for me to think this is totally solved, but I've got hope

Thanks so much for all the input and ideas. I've been having a crappy day and the Diva issues were pretty much putting me over the edge.
    Whoops. Missed this post. Glad it's working! Please do keep us updated so we know the problem was solved. I my diva and can't imagine life without it.
    Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it.
    --Moses Maimonides

Kymberley is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I hope you got it figured out! Have a better day!

It's been nearly 24 hours now and so far so good You ladies totally restored my love for the Diva! Thank you again.

Now that I realize that the ability to rotate it (and/or at least confirm that it's fully open), is key to it working and not leaking, I realize that's been my problem all along. Last night I couldn't get it to rotate and normally I would have just left it, assuming all was good, but the new info I have caused me to investigate a little further and I realized it wasn't fully open.

The rotating part is pretty difficult for me, I think there's something up with my anatomy that makes that difficult as sometimes it works and sometimes it won't at all. When it doesn't work, it just kind of collapses under the pressure to turn it. Does anyone have suggestions as to how to get it so it doesn't collapse? And by "collapse", I mean that it ends up winding up around itself vs. the top rim turning. I hope that makes sense!

I can never get mine to rotate either, that's why I make sure I can feel it pop open when I insert it. If I feel the pop, it's all good.
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

anamika is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

It's been nearly 24 hours now and so far so good You ladies totally restored my love for the Diva! Thank you again.

Now that I realize that the ability to rotate it (and/or at least confirm that it's fully open), is key to it working and not leaking, I realize that's been my problem all along. Last night I couldn't get it to rotate and normally I would have just left it, assuming all was good, but the new info I have caused me to investigate a little further and I realized it wasn't fully open.

The rotating part is pretty difficult for me, I think there's something up with my anatomy that makes that difficult as sometimes it works and sometimes it won't at all. When it doesn't work, it just kind of collapses under the pressure to turn it. Does anyone have suggestions as to how to get it so it doesn't collapse? And by "collapse", I mean that it ends up winding up around itself vs. the top rim turning. I hope that makes sense!
    Try different folds. I was ready to go back to tampons but then tried the punchdown fold. The difference was amazing. I had to try a few other folds before I found the one that worked for my anatomy. Good luck!
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by anamika View Post
    Try different folds. I was ready to go back to tampons but then tried the punchdown fold. The difference was amazing. I had to try a few other folds before I found the one that worked for my anatomy. Good luck!
    Thanks for the suggestion! I can get the thing up there just fine (except for the oh-so-important *opening* part of it), so I didn't think different folds would make any difference with it opening, but I'll try that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2