♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default my CL finds! (Thomas)

so my son (20mo) is head-over-heels obsessed with Thomas. i've gotten him a few trains and one basic set from TJ Maxx (that was like $13) and that's the first thing he asks to play with when he wakes up in the morning or from his nap. i wanted to get him a bigger set for the holidays/his birthday but i just about fell over when i saw how $$$ the regular wooden sets/trains were. so off to CL i went.

i was able to snag a few decent deals. All in all, i paid $250 for several large lots of stuff (trains, tracks, accessories, storage chest,etc). That sounds like a lot, but when i went online and priced everything out, it was over $1500!!! . I got a wooden Thomas storage chest, over 60 trains (including several limited edition/rare trains), TONS of track and several accessories/destinations (roundhouse, several mountains, mines, water tower, Cranky, etc).

my DH thought i was nuts, and he kept saying how he didn't believe how much this stuff was, and why do I have to buy used. I showed him on amazon/TRU website how much these things usually cost retail and his jaw was just dropping. anyway, my son is all set for Christmas, his birthday (two weeks after), and potty-training rewards/bribes for the next several months!!

the pic attached is just one of the lots i got, which is just the half of it. yesterday i snagged another large lot similar in size (without a roundhouse, and not as many trains but more tracks, accessories) that included a thomas storage chest.

now the next problem is to hide this all from my son for the next few months...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great job!! Looks fantastic!
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Just to be safe, double check that you don't have any of the previously recalled items. You can get replacements if you do.

Great haul btw! My oldest would have loved that at that age.
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thanks!! i am so excited to give it to him for Christmas, i can't wait to see the look on his face! my DH says i'm having more fun with it than my DS. LOL. part of it is that growing up, I never had anything remotely like this, but always wanted one. i remember my brother and i going to a local toy store just to play with the train table.

and about the recall items, thanks for the link! i did read something about that on here. so far out of the CL lots i only gave my son an Annie & Clarabel and a Thomas..none of the red trains or the parts affected by recall. I will definitely look into this before giving him the other trains. He doesn't put anything in his mouth anymore but DD does so i am definitely going into make sure it's ok.

awesome deals! I am going to have to start looking on CL.

Kaylee31 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Nice finds! I have not had any luck with CL. I was ready to just buy an Imaginarium train table w/track set from TRU. Then last weekend, my mom went to a yard sale and found a train table in great condition, with over 200 pcs. of Thomas & Brio track, tunnels, a rumbling bridge, and some Thomas trains. Total cost: $15! I couldn't believe it. Even better, we didn't have to assemble the table. DS loves it and plays with it constantly!
    DS - 07/09 - Mr. Tempermental
    DD - 02/12 - Dollface
    New arrival expected 06/14