View Poll Results: Monogamy: Boring or Beautiful?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • My spouse & I only consider & have sexual relations with one another.

106 75.18%
  • My spouse & I are sexually faithful, but we joke about sharing with others.

22 15.60%
  • My spouse & I are sexually faithful, but we talk about it when we get steamy - just fun, dirty talk.

12 8.51%
  • We are sexually faithful SO FAR, but have seriously discussed including a 3rd person.

3 2.13%
  • We have discussed swapping partners with another couple.

0 0%
  • I would like to explore but my spouse won't.

2 1.42%
  • My spouse would like to explore, but I won't.

2 1.42%
  • We have shared: M, M, F

1 0.71%
  • We have shared: M, F, F

0 0%
  • We have shared 4-way with another couple or swapped.

1 0.71%
  • We have participated in mutiple partner, orgy style, sex.

0 0%
  • We share, but oral only.

0 0%
  • We shared and one or both of us regretted it.

0 0%
  • We shared and we would do it again.

0 0%
  • Other: This thread disgusts me / Never thought about it / Brussels Sprouts

6 4.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default A TMI Thread: Monogamy: Monotony or Mandatory? Care to "share"?

Inspired by revelations fron the "unconventional" thread a few weeks ago, & some recent hints in posts and just a general need for "spice" and/or "fun"...

Monogamy: Is it required in your marriage or optional? Does sex with the same partner for the rest of your days relieve you and bring you comfort or are you even just the little bit curious about couples who "share"? I'm not talking about multiple wives or relationships with other people or patronizing hookers...I am talking about good ol' swingin', baby.

Is it okay to share? Ever had a three way? And if so, which way? Wildest fantasies or for real? Disgusted by this notion or intrigued?

Please remember to be careful how you phrase things - let's get this thread spicy but not Bhut Jolokia hot, we don't want to get it shut down. (Yeah, I know you know what I am talking about!)
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

mariza is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We joke about sharing but I don't think either one of us would/could ever follow through with it. I've been through several spells where I am just not interested (not because I wasn't attracted to him, but just zero drive) and I secretly wished I could hire a surrogate to fill in for me . Right now I'm trying to find the energy to have sex with DH, any more than that sounds exhausting
    Monkey See (DD) 01/05
    Monkey Do (DS) 09/06

Ok, seriously??????????????? I swear, the Poll is anonymous.

Ok, I'll fess up. DH and I have talked about in lustful moments but the reality is that, while intriguing, we both know that neither of us could handle the emotional aftermath. Plus, I am a germaphobe and the idea of someone else's parts oogies me out a little. I just don't know for SURE that someone doesn't have something.

And now that I am pregnant and "rotund", I would be insanely jealous if DH felt MORE attraction for her than me. I just don't let go of that kind of stuff. I am a little on the emotionally immature side.

So, those chats will stay in the bed side drawer alongside the toys
    ---------
    A-M

---------

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'll fess up. I have 3 simple rules...no pee, no poo, no animals. Pretty much everything else I'm open minded about. DH knows this, but has never asked to partake. His loss...

I think a threeway would be fun.... But I'd be too self conscious to really enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by fortato View Post
    I think a threeway would be fun.... But I'd be too self conscious to really enjoy it.
    Yeahhh...I tried bribing DH by saying that if got really serious about helping me lose weight, I would agree to something adventurous once I was thinner and not so self conscious...it's been 7 years...he still routinely buys chocolate and potato chips. The almost 40 lbs I lost was when he was deployed...he gets no credit for that.
    ---------
    A-M

---------

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I voted other....I have honestly never thought about it!
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

Neither of us really believes in monogamy. Sexually faithful so far, but it's definitely something we've discussed, and not just for dirty talk.

I would like to see what it was like with another man (I got married at 20 after a pretty sheltered upbringing, lol). And DH would like to try a MFF threesome. I'm open to anything if we could find the right person.

We'll see. I'm pretty shy, but life is long.
    Stacy
    Wife to K
    Mommy to A (5) and twins E & S (1.5)

The biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make...I did not live in the moment enough. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less. - Anna Quindlen

I think there needs to be a spin off of this thread- if you wanted to have a three way, what would the third person be? Male, Female, other....

Quote Originally Posted by JoyNChrist View Post
    Neither of us really believes in monogamy. Sexually faithful so far, but it's definitely something we've discussed, and not just for dirty talk.

I would like to see what it was like with another man (I got married at 20 after a pretty sheltered upbringing, lol). And DH would like to try a MFF threesome. I'm open to anything if we could find the right person.

We'll see. I'm pretty shy, but life is long.
    I hope you know you were one of the inspirations for this thread - it was your revealtion in the "unconventional" thread.

And be it about this topic or any other, I love "...but life is long." It is so optimistic and allows for any notion to be embraced as "possible" even if not "right now".
    ---------
    A-M

---------

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast