Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I need some inspiration too

we had TJ's turkey meatballs and pasta last night with a salad and homemade garlic bread.

I need something that can be made quick tonight cause the boys have TKD at 5:30 ... my hubby is going to his own night class so it'll just be me and the kids. It might be a freezer night ... black bean and corn enchilada for me and TJ's mini beef tacos for the kids. That or I might pick up a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store on the way home, I do have some green beans in the fridge that need to get cooked.

Tues is Back to School night at school so my mom will feed the kids, DH and I will probably pick up something quick

Wed. maybe tacos?

Thurs. maybe make your own pizzas ... the kids have been asking to buy the TJ's pizza dough and make our own.... gotta buy some pepperoni and shredded mozzarella for that.

Raidra is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Fish chowder. We usually buy what's on sale at the fish counter, but This week everything was expensive aside from some frozen-at-sea cod. We won't eat previously frozen fish normally, so chowder it is.

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Leftover chili, corn bread and probably fresh fruit (oddly we have a watermelon we need to eat.)
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

DH is out of town, so there's not much point to cooking dinner, since my kids don't generally eat anything at dinner.

I'm going to try Counting Soup, out of Mollie Katzen's "Salad People" kids cookbook. You put out bowls of veggies (peas, corn, chopped blanched carrots, blanched green beans), cooked alphabet noodles, and tofu (but my kids don't like tofu, so I'll have cannelini beans and chopped cooked chicken) and let the kids put in 1 spoon of peas, 2 spoons of corn, etc. (really, whatever amounts they want) and then pour heated broth over it.

What will likely happen is that they'll fill up their bowls, try it, and say they're full. Then they'll come back to the kitchen 10 minutes later and say they just got hungry and can they have a snack? Or maybe they'll surprise me and actually eat tonight!

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

hannah is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Turkey meatloaf, mashed potatoes and what ever veggies we get in our CSA box tonight.

cchavez is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Braised short ribs, mashed potatoes and snow peas....french bread. It's our anniversary so I am making a special meal.

Tacos. Quick, easy and Dh likes my taco meat better than anywhere else!

The kids won't eat them though. Well, Ds would, but they eat earlier so they'll have pasta with tomato sauce.
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Taco salad. Beef was precooked and thawed from frozen. I'll just heat it up, add some spices, and that's it. We have a busy week so dinners are quick this week.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

Bean soup. I actually remembered to soak the beans last night. And I was able to start dinner before I left. I left directions for DS#1 to remove the ham bone and cut off the meat and put back into the soup and to add the veggies I chopped. I just hope he remembers to otherwise the kids won't be eating until after I'm home tonight.

Jen
    Mom to 4 wonderful children

DS#1 7/96
    DS#2 11/00
    DD#1 11/03
    DD#2 6/08

chili with brown rice

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast