Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by elektra View Post
    He owes you an anthro-apology!
    Lmao! I will take self portraits, but not in the mirror. Coz that would mean I have to make beds and pick up the dirty clothes scattered everywhere (incidentally, from DH). I will do self timer.
    Maggie, mama to DD 10/05 and DS 12/07

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

There must be something about males, that make them say stupid things w/o thinking first. I'm sure you look fantastic in the coat, ignore your DH and enjoy the coat, you deserve it!

If it makes you feel any better, when I was pg with DS3, I was feeling down in the dumps about having another boy. So, as a treat to myself, I bought some really nice garnet hill pj's to wear postpartum. I love those pj's, but the first time DS2 (4 yrs old at the time) saw me wearing them he said, "mom, you look like a grandma!" ARGH! I have never spent that much on pj's before and according to my son, I spent extra $ to look like a grandma. Nice! He's always been my kid to point out every zit or mole that I have and notice if I'm wearing perfume or jewelry. I told my DH that this kid would make a good plastic surgeon, he'd be drawing marker all over everyone's flaws!
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Hahaha, sounds like the male chromosome is strong in your middle son.

TxCat is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by weech View Post
    Tell him he needs to step up his game and give you a reason to wear it!

I bet the coat looks gorgeous! And you know what, I used to be nervous about being too "dressed up" for an occasion, but I've found I feel better being overdressed than underdressed for things. Even if it is just taking DD to music class, I feel 100x better about myself if I'm wearing something cute and put-together, that makes me feel great, rather than rolling out in my work-out attire. So I say rock that trench when you're heading out to run errands or take the kids somewhere.
    DD1 10/2010
    DD2 8/2013
    And expecting DS1 10/2016

Talking

I'm positive you look fab in it!

My husband once said to me, unless I'm naked or appear to be naked in the item, the response will probably not be what I expect it to be.

Rock your trench!

Oh and the next time he asks what you think of something you absolutely know he's psyched about give him a non-plussed response. :-)
    Mom, Wife and Finder of lost items
    AP-er, Breastfeeder, Babywearing, No Circ Mama

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by weech View Post
    Tell him he needs to step up his game and give you a reason to wear it!
    and to the anthro-pology comment!

I bet you look fantastic. I've actually gotten the same comment. I wore a white Kohl's cotton skort and navy t-shirt to breakfast on Sunday one day and DH said, "why are you so dressed up?". Huh, just trying to do something other than jeans and a worn out/stretched out T-shirt. I wonder if men are afraid they pretty soon they'll need to dress up more? You know a lot of men are all about the casual.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Count me in as another mom who is actively trying to dress up a little more than before. It has been a nice self esteem boost, since I haven't felt very attractive looking for quite a long time. Dressing in nicer clothes has helped a lot, so I see nothing wrong with trying to look nice.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

ignore him.

i wear coats like that all the time, even if i'm just going outside to get a coffee down the street.

Ok, I tried to get my kids to take pictures, and it was a HUGE struggle.

First up, DD was at school, so I made DS take them, and here is what he got. I'm wearing my usual uniform fitted tee/jeans underneath.

"Baby, try to tap in the middle of the picture to get it to focus."

"No, mommy needs to be in the picture!"

Then I thought I would have better luck with my daughter, so after coaching and more coaching, here are the best pictures she took

Well, I still love the coat and am keeping it!

liamsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I love it! It looks really good on you.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast