♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Boden returns questions...

i placed my first Boden order during the mid-season sale. i made a huge order (~$800) since i ordered several sizes, colors etc just to try stuff out. well, just tried stuff on, and it's ALL going back....either items didn't fit, or looked downright horrible on me (accentuated huge tummy, broad shoulders, etc) i blame my figure though ,not the clothes themselves..everything did look very pretty, stylish, and well-made i admit!!

the thing is, they sent me a free gift for my first order...a little hardcover notebook. so in returning everything, i just return the book too, along with everything else? i'm supposed to be getting a wallet too for a free gift for purchasing over $150 (i will definitely return that too), but haven't received that yet (i think one more order is still coming).

also, my order arrived in more than one shipment..e.g. one large shipment arrived in a big cardboard box, another in one of those plastic envelope-like things, and i think one more is coming. do i just return everything in their respective boxes/envelopes? and just slap the "free returns" smart label on each one, and just drop it off at the post office? can i just drop it in those package drop off things, or do i have to get in line etc? Sorry for so many questions!

anyway, i feel so bad i placed such a huge order and have to return it all!! i feel like i took advantage somehow...i normally never buy/return things like this at all (i almost never order clothes online from this reason!)

ugh, i am banning myself from further clothing purchases until i at least lose 20 lbs and stop looking pregnant! it's just too much of a downer to go through the trouble of picking/ordering stuff and then the anticipation, only to be sorely disappointed in the end, but i digress, i guess this is for the BP...

elbenn is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You can return all the items in one package. You can just drop the package off because the postage is already paid for. Sorry the items didn't work out for you. I had to return a lot of items to Boden when I bought a bunch of items on their summer end of season sale, and then I returned it too late so I only got store credit.

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Don't feel badly. If it doesn't look right, you shouldn't keep it. I'd call customer service and let them know and ask about the multiple shipments issue. Their customer service is excellent.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    You can return all the items in one package. You can just drop the package off because the postage is already paid for. Sorry the items didn't work out for you. I had to return a lot of items to Boden when I bought a bunch of items on their summer end of season sale, and then I returned it too late so I only got store credit.
    oh good, i was wondering about this! i got multiple return stickers (one in each package), and i was wondering if i could just return everything in one big package or if i had to keep them separate for some reason.

Nechums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Sorry it didn't work out for you. You can most definitely return everything in one package and save the other return mailing labels for another time when there's no free return shipping. It seems wrong to do, but I asked Boden and they said it's fine to do that.
    Proud mom to
    DS1, Sept 2008
    DS2, Apr 2011
    DD, Oct 2012

Yes, you can ship it all back in one box and hold onto the return labels for future orders. I ordered $650 worth of clothes and kept 2 items that came to $50. I felt bad about it but I wasn't going to keep it if it didn't work for me. Also, return ASAP so you don't end up with store credit instead of a refund!
    SAHM to DS 4/07 and DD 5/10

thanks for the replies everyone! i plan on going to the post office tomorrow. i will fit everything i have so far in one box. i will return the other one when it arrives. i hope it is not too late to get a refund..i read something on their page about only have 7 days to return for a refund, if the item was purchased during a sale..i hope that means 7 days from item arriving! i mean, it was about a week ago that i put the order in but i only just got the majority of items today!

The seven day thing is just for end of season clearance stuff. I think you are probably ok
    Maggie, mama to DD 10/05 and DS 12/07

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    thanks for the replies everyone! i plan on going to the post office tomorrow. i will fit everything i have so far in one box. i will return the other one when it arrives. i hope it is not too late to get a refund..i read something on their page about only have 7 days to return for a refund, if the item was purchased during a sale..i hope that means 7 days from item arriving! i mean, it was about a week ago that i put the order in but i only just got the majority of items today!
    Yes, it's from arriving. I checked when I called them to ask about whether I could return in one box. ms pacman, why don't you call Boden to ask about returning the free gifts? Their customer service line is very good.
    SAHM to DS 4/07 and DD 5/10