Thread: coh ava jeans

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default coh ava jeans

elektra and arrivechi's post on these jeans make me want to check them out. we moved to casual 5 days a week at my office so i'm using that to justify more jeans purchase. where did you find them to try on in person? how do they run?

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I actually ordered them from nordstrom in 2 sizes and returned the bigger pair. They run TTS IMO.

http://www.jeanshub.com/SizeChart-Ci...fHumanity.aspx
    Last edited by arivecchi; 09-30-2011 at 03:23 PM.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I also got mine at Nordstrom. The personal shopper lady picked them out for me. I would say TTS as well, although based on goldenpig's latest tips about sizing down, I may have gone a size down as they do eventually stretch a bit. I do tend to wear my jeans several times before washing though.
    They are very office appropriate IMO as they are not super skinny at the bottom, yet can still look streamlined with boots.
    DD
    DS

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

They run tts for me a little large (like a LITTLE).

EDIT: I got them in a 29 and tried on a 28 and it was just too tight (muffin). LOVE them. Got mine at nordies
    Last edited by hillview; 09-30-2011 at 03:23 PM.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    They run tts for me. I got them in a 30 and tried on a 29 and it was just too tight (muffin). LOVE them. Got mine at nordies
    what is the rise like on them? since having dd2 i can't wear my lower rise jeans b/c they give me a muffin top even though they fit everywhere else. i bought a new pair of AGs that have a higher rise (but not mom jeans high!) and they don't do that.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by theriviera View Post
    what is the rise like on them? since having dd2 i can't wear my lower rise jeans b/c they give me a muffin top even though they fit everywhere else. i bought a new pair of AGs that have a higher rise (but not mom jeans high!) and they don't do that.
    Ok so first off I lied. I got them in a 29 and tried the 28. They are a tad bigger than some other brands (I have a 30 in something else). From the crotch seam to the to (above the button) it is 10 inches. From the top of the jean to MY bellybutton it is 3 inches. They are not low rise but also not super high. They are about as low as I can go. They don't give me plumber butt.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Sadly, these jeans looked terrible on me. See my other post in MommyFit - my body is not so great right now!

I did pick up a pair of Paige Skyline skinnies and Seven Jiselle (wide leg). I will post pics later to get your ladies' thoughts.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Bummer. Post pics of the new jeans!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

I posted them in the other thread

Check out Hautelook.com. They have COH jeans, including Ava's at $99-$109 plus shipping.

I am pear-or X-shaped. Would Ava style look good on me? If not, what style would? I look good in Dojo by Seven, a wide-leg style, so guessing Faye or Birkin would be similar cut, but sadly not part of this sale. I have credit with this site and have had trouble finding something good to spend it on.
    Mom to DS born on Thanksgiving 2003