Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by artvandalay View Post
    Do they still sell Insteads?
    They don't sell them at Target anymore (which is where I used to buy them) but yes they still sell the Insteads. It's definitely cheaper to get them online in the larger boxes. But you can find them 14 count in various drugstores like Walgreens and CVS.

Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by artvandalay View Post
    DH and I are planning a romantic getaway soon and I am paranoid I am going to be on my period! I might pick up some if I can find them.
    I'm in the same boat hear. For the first time we're going away for 2 nights without kids and I'm worried. I've never used or heard of "instead". But maybe its time I give it a try, or keep it handy just incase. Is it ok to use if I have an IUD? Can DH feel it? Is it hard to insert?
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

Here's the link to the Instead FAQs page

http://www.softcup.com/faqs

It says to check with your doctor before using it with an IUD to avoid pulling out IUD when removing Instead.

It's easy to insert. Just sometimes messy to remove - but no messier in my experience than a diva cup.

My boyfriend does not feel it during intercourse. He can feel it with his finger during foreplay though. That's when he says - OH! what's that? Every time - as if I might be using my vagina for winter storage?

Quote Originally Posted by katerinasmom View Post
    Here's the link to the Instead FAQs page

http://www.softcup.com/faqs

It says to check with your doctor before using it with an IUD to avoid pulling out IUD when removing Instead.

It's easy to insert. Just sometimes messy to remove - but no messier in my experience than a diva cup.

My boyfriend does not feel it during intercourse. He can feel it with his finger during foreplay though. That's when he says - OH! what's that? Every time - as if I might be using my vagina for winter storage?
    OH yay, they still make them! Packaging has changed a bit. I remember a light purple box and they just called it "Instead" instead of "Softcup".

I think I'll order a box from somewhere.

ETA: ANd I agree, I find it easier to insert/remove than the Diva. But, I like the non-waste of the Diva.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by amldaley View Post

It's, what, 4 days? 5? We snuggle, we'll lay on the sofa or in bed to watch a movie and he will rub my head, which invariably puts me to sleep.

Sometimes we make plans for when I am ready to be physical again, playfully discussing.

For the record, I am not opposed to sex during period, but we tried once recently and...eh. It just did not do much for me and it was messy.

I guess years ago, we may have done more over the clothing rubbing or making out in the shower during that time. But, again, like above, we express our feelings to one another mutually on a daily basis, so it is not a big deal to wait a few days to be back in the saddle again (that's me...whistling the tune of "Back in the Saddle Again".)
    except for me my period is more like 7 days from start to finish. The first day and last are minimal, so I suppose we could. I'm usually feeling blah the first few days, so I am not interested. DH does complain that my period is every week...he said he feels like it's that way. Think we need to be better about having sex when it's not my period.

BTW. I am about to make the grossest and most shameful post of my life. You have been warned.

I totally use my Instead Softcups 3-5 times each. I figure if I can rinse and re-use a Diva, what's so bad about doing the same with an Instead? I wouldn't use the same one for days and days because the thin plastic would likely break down, but at almost 50 cents a pop, I need to change mine every 1-2 hours, and that is CRAZY money. So when I use them, I rinse and reuse for several hours. I probably pull out a new one 3 or 4 times in any 24 hour time frame.

I googled this, and I am not alone.

http://www.mum.org/CupComm.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Raidra View Post
    Thanks guys.

To clarify: We'll occasionally have sex at the very end of my period, but the first 4-5 days are wicked heavy (since having Niall, anyway). We barely have enough energy for sex, and I can't stand the idea of cleaning up a big mess while in that post-coital haze.

TMI, but I bought a red towel from Target and we lay it down on the bed. Then I just throw it in the wash. No need to worry about it staining and we have never had it leak through the towel. Works like a charm. Just make sure you don't put it away with the rest of your towels. My mother-in-law was staying over once and did the laundry and folded the towel with the other towels. I almost died when MIL came downstairs the next day with the red towel wrapped around her hair! I know it was theoretically clean having been through the washer but DH and I were mortified.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBearsMom View Post
    My mother-in-law was staying over once and did the laundry and folded the towel with the other towels. I almost died when MIL came downstairs the next day with the red towel wrapped around her hair!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I am going to pull the red towel trick on my MIL the next time she visits. Sheer awesomeness.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBearsMom View Post
    TMI, but I bought a red towel from Target and we lay it down on the bed. Then I just throw it in the wash. No need to worry about it staining and we have never had it leak through the towel. Works like a charm. Just make sure you don't put it away with the rest of your towels. My mother-in-law was staying over once and did the laundry and folded the towel with the other towels. I almost died when MIL came downstairs the next day with the red towel wrapped around her hair! I know it was theoretically clean having been through the washer but DH and I were mortified.

minus the MIL
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Quote Originally Posted by Jo View Post
    BTW. I am about to make the grossest and most shameful post of my life. You have been warned.

Huh. That's not a bad idea, actually. I don't know why it never dawned on me to try this. I'm so used to washing the Diva w/soap and water a few times a day, I don't see why I couldn't do this 2 -3 times with the Instead before tossing it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast