Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Unhappy Hanna outlet mixup (update #5)

so i finally got my Columbus Day sale order in from Hanna today..i was so excited.

i had ordered training underwear for DS, 6 pairs. I swear up and down that when I called, she told me they were $6 each, but they were $12 if you bought 3. So i said i would get 6 (assuming $24 total) I remember her saying something about how these were different from the regular 3 packs which were $15.

also, when i called (i pre-ordered the day before) they never gave me a total, so i could not tell/confirm the price.

anyway, i get the package today. i am really happy with everything..the training unders look really nice. however, i just looked at reciept, and saw they charged me $6 per pair!!

I totally would have never ordered them at that price ($18 for 3pack). Why would I have ordered them individually if i could have just gotten the 3 packs (similar colors/prints) for $15 ? Even then, i might not have ordered since i dont' need them right away and i could have waited till they got lower (some here say they've paid $5-10/pack).

Ugh. Do i have any recourse? Should i even bother? i am almost getting into an argument with DH about this..he is almost annoyed that i am even bothered by it, and thinks i should just let it go, as it's only $12 difference. But i'm so annoyed, i guess also disappointed that i thought i was getting a great deal but didn't. Ugh.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 10-12-2011 at 10:18 AM.

I would call and inquire. Maybe they just made a mistake ringing you up?

Catherine

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Totally call and follow up with them about it. They're so nice, and it was probably an oversight. I once ordered baby socks at $2 each, except when they arrived, I had been charged $5 each. It was only two pairs, but I called to get a price adjustment. This was at VA and they were really nice about it. I once had an issue at OR (got charged double shipping when I added on an item after placing my original order) and they were not as accommodating. I think it was just the person I spoke to who didn't get that the two orders shipped in the same box and if I'd called back I might have gotten someone who understood what I was saying.

I would call tomorrow before they start prepping for next weekends sale and forget the price points from last weekend. Any later and you've missed the boat on a p.a.

ETA: I think they may have mis-stated the price to you. When I called OR on Thurs 10/7, I was told the 3-packs of training unders was $15 and individual training unders were $6. And I posted that to the sale thread, saying I didn't think it was a good enough deal for me to snap them up. You should still call and see if they'll make it right for you, but I think the person you spoke to may not have had the correct info, or maybe there were super marked down trainers that went out of stock.
    Last edited by citymama; 10-12-2011 at 04:18 AM.

for Sandy Hook

I still need to open my box to see, but I ordered classic unders and I think those were less expensive. Maybe they were confused about what the price point would be. They just pull them aside if you order early and don't ring them until the next day so they can't really see what something is ringing up at when you call. They also pulled tons of orders early it seems for this sale. I would call and ask-- worst that happens is they say no, that's the price that you paid. You could also argue for a PA on the shipping if it bumped you to the next level. And you can return instore if you don't want to keep the unders at the price they charged you.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

ok, i just called them. whoever i talked to kept insisting that that was the price, and it was only the regular underwear (not the trainers) that was 3 for $12, so that was how i got confused. But i kept trying to say, i was only ever interested in the training underwear...i don't even have a 2yo yet so why would i even ask about regular underwear, KWIM?? Ugh.

At first she said i could just return them to the store, or ship them back to Hanna. I said, well the nearest store is a 45 minute drive, and if i ship back I'll probably have to pay for return shipping, so i still lose money in the end.

she finally turned me over to a manager who said to go ahead and ship them back, and she'll credit me $2 for the shipping here, and then the return shipping as well. I guess that's ok, but that means yet another trip to the post office for me, plus i don't get the unders at all.

It's dumb though, i don't get why they couldn't just credit me the $12 as a price adjustment, it seems like it's going to cost them ~$10 in shipping fees anyway. Whatever.

i don't know, kinda soured me on ordering for a while.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 10-12-2011 at 10:17 AM.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I vote take them back to the store 45 min away and get in a little me time for yourself

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I am sorry this happened. I have never gotten into ordering from outlet stores because the hassle factor is way too high. Hate calling. Hate dealing with returns.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

If you don't need the money right away you can just hold onto them and return the next time you are in the area of a store. My closest store is 2 1/2 hours and I still return to store (but not very often.) I checked my package and I was charged $9 for a 3 pack of classic unders as Michigan City said I would be.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

thanks for the replies! i was planning on sending them back since one of dh's cousins wanted ds's baby clothes and since i was going to make a trip to the post office, might as well go mail it then. i guess i could go to the store as well, but i do n't know when the next time i will go over there will be.

and that's interesting that the classic underwear was only $9 for 3, they told me this morning it was $12 for 3pack (they said this is probably what i heard as the training unders price). so confusing...

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

There is no time limit on returns. Hang onto them until you get to the 45 minute away store or wait until the new one opens up closer to you
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast