Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I don't think you are doing anything wrong! If you are anything like me, I threw the wet ones in normally, but sprayed the poopy ones off first, so those got a little wetter. I only noticed an issue after I accidentally dried my liners in the dryer (but only did that with the Bummis totes). I did not use the Planet Wise liner for very long before DD started daycare and we could no longer do CD.

I would definitely contact Planet Wise and see what they have to say. I've never had a problem with the bag being wet on the outside and I've used ours for over a year and a half. I also dry ours on medium with every single wash, so drying in the dryer shouldn't have anything to do with it. I know Planet Wise stands behind their products, so I would imagine they would do their best to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thanks for the replies. i do diaper laundry every other day. i don't throw sprayed diapers into the bags, i keep those in a bucket in the bathroom..so all dipes in bag haven't been sprayed at all, so not that wet.

i'm wondering now... i think i had them the wrong way in the dryer (with the slick part on outside) and the normally outside part wasn't getting dried enough? i will see how it goes this time..

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I never (intentionally) put our wetbags in the dryer and they held up doing laundry every day for the 5 months or so that we CDed. I *think* I got mine from green mountain. They never leaked and are in great shape and we still use them for things like wet swimsuits, etc. The outside never got wet from wet stuff inside.

I did accidentally put one of them in the dryer once or twice and it came out with tiny holes (I think the heat from the dryer melts away the thinner parts of the waterproof coating and sometimes you just can't tell where it's been melted away).

So I would definitely NOT put them in the dryer even if they say you can!! They dry super fast if you flip them inside out and hang them outside, and if you have 2 bags you always have one in rotation. In the winter I'd flip the bag inside-out and lay it on top of the dryer where it would get warm while the dipes were in the dryer and they'd be mostly dry by the time the dipes were dry.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 10-26-2011 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MommyAllison View Post
    I've purchased mine from Snap-EZ. Two of them I've had for 5 years, the third I bought when DS was born, so 3.5 years ago. I always put them in the dryer, and they still work just as well as when they were brand new (my kids are in night diapers, so they've been in constant use since I bought them).
    I bought these 6+ years ago when DS was brand new and used them with DD. I always threw them into the wash with the diapers and into the dryer on high. I still use them for wet bags for our swimsuits. I love them and recommend them highly!! http://www.snap-ez.com/Shopping.html#Bags
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I agree with the others to contact Planet Wise if you have problems because this doesn't match our experience.

I used to wash my wet bags with the diapers too but eventually switched to running them in a seperate load of laundry with something like towels. I have a HE washer and had the same issue with them coming out filled with a pocket of water and soap bubbles no matter how many times I rinsed. I think they are just too big to get fully rinsed in some HE machines. I then air dry the bag on a rack next to my cloth dipes or a shower rod and flip it inside out if I think about it to let the other side dry.

We use Wahmies and put them in the dryer (have for over 4 years!). They work fine - sometimes there is moisture on the outside of the liner, but it's not a lot.

Definitely contact Planet Wise - I'm sure they have a guarantee.

Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2