Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    I'm wondering if there will be a Christmas themed hex bug at Radio Shack.
    There will be. They come in an ornament and have antlers.
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    I didn't even think about that. He wanted the one that looked like a spider (or crab) the last time we were at radio shack. I'm just reluctant, b/c they broke the ones DH got for them yrs ago in within a few days. They really suck at taking care of their toys.
    The big ones? We only have the nanos.
    Kris

i think i'll pick DH up a christmas nano at radio shack...he LOVED the halloween hexbug, and...did anyone else notice? ours was SUPER FAST (as compared to our easter nano... )

i bought a couple things at wegs yesterday and thought i'd mention them as ideas for the preschool-2nd grade ish set. i bought color tablets for the bathtub (you put them in to color the water... i figure this isn't an "all the time" thing, but occasionally it can't hurt too much, right? and it would be awesome even just for color mixing... it was 99 cents for 9 tablets (3 of each primary color)-- the package had elmo on it. you could get 24 for 4 dollars (usually the little pack has only 6, but still the large tub of tablets wasn't any savings)

the other thing was "bath bombs"-- i was buying for 2 girls (closer to 4 than 3) and a my nephew. i got my nephew a dinosaur egg and the girls a "prince or frog" one with a princess on the packaging. i know that's pretty stereotypical, but the girls DO love fairytales/princesses, and it just seemed weird to get them a random "surprise" thing when they would totally understand and love the whole "prince or frog" stuff.... all varities of these were 2 dollars. both things were near the kids bath products (mainstream.... not the baby section with things like "organic, xyz free" products... more like the foaming purple handsoap etc)

we don't typically do bubble bath and we DO use the more organic/natural child care products , but i figure santa doesn't have to follow all those "rules" and once it's done it's done (vs a huge bottle of bubble bath!)

DS (5.5) lego keychain, hexbug nano, maybe a small imaginext toy plus fruit and chocolate and cute socks

DD (3.5) doll accessories, nail polish, cute socks, hair stuff plus fruit and chocolate oh and lip gloss!
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

I have a couple ideas:

DS1 (7.5)
    gyroscope
    Joke CD
    magic trick

DD (5.5)
    jump rope
    water color paints

DS2 (3.5)
    automoblox mini?
    I'm adding:

DS1
    20Q game
    chopsticks
    tornado tube

DD:
    hair stuff
    doll hair stuff

DS2:
    Penguin Imaginext
    wind up robot
    Kris

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

So Far my boys will probably get

Holiday Hex bug nano
    a Beyblade
    Mini lego set
    candy of some sort
    ornament

last year we found that instant snow in test tube type containers at Cost Plus and my DS2 was THRILLED.... we'll be looking for that again this year too!

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm wondering if there will be a Christmas themed hex bug at Radio Shack.
    from their website

Then, just in time for tree trimming, the Holiday Ornament Nano will make its debut
    outfitted with reindeer antlers and packaged in a festive ornament. CPSIA approved for kids 3 and up; MSRP: $5.99. The Holiday Ornament Nano will be available this November at Target and RadioShack stores nationwide.

Quote Originally Posted by Tondi G View Post
    from their website

Then, just in time for tree trimming, the Holiday Ornament Nano will make its debut
    outfitted with reindeer antlers and packaged in a festive ornament. CPSIA approved for kids 3 and up; MSRP: $5.99. The Holiday Ornament Nano will be available this November at Target and RadioShack stores nationwide.
    when i went to pick up the halloween nanos (on halloween), the price of them had gone up to $9.99 & they already had the christmas ones out. they were $9.99 then too. can't wait to get them at $5.99!
    sara
    sahm to ben & gracie

Quote Originally Posted by bandgsmama View Post
    when i went to pick up the halloween nanos (on halloween), the price of them had gone up to $9.99 & they already had the christmas ones out. they were $9.99 then too. can't wait to get them at $5.99!
    Got them for $4.99 yesterday!
    Kris

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast