Default Marshmallow Pops?

Has anyone made these before? I'm talking about taking a large marshmallow, putting a lollipop stick in it and then dipping it partially in melted colored candy/ chocolate. Any tips?

How far in advance do you think these could be made before the event they were needed at?
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

we are going to make these this Saturday but the kids will probably eat them that day so I am not sure how long they will keep. I would assume they will last for a bit if you put them in plastic bags. I think completely dipped in chocolate would keep the marshmallow fresher.

http://asimplyklassichome.blogspot.c...ade-day-5.html

I just saw these today and think they are super cute too!

http://www.lovefromtheoven.com/2011/...sugary-skulls/

Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I did some marshmallow pops when I was tired of making cake pops and I had more space to fill.

Through experimentation, I found that the vanilla bark from Walmart (very inexpensive), mixed with some of the colored chips and a little Crisco worked well. I only heated at 50% power. After dipping, I then covered with some sprinkles.

Those are so cute. I'm doing red ones and turquoise ones for DC's Thing 1 and Thing 2 birthday party next month.

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I did some for the girls' birthday last week. They were TONS easier than cake pops and we used some sprinkles in various colors, they turned out really cute. The kids actually liked them even more than the cake pops because I did the sprinkles on the marshmallow pops.
    As far as making them ahead, I made them last Wednesday and I ate a cake pop today and it was delicious, though not super fresh tasting. I don't know about the marshmallow pops, but I think several days ahead would be ok as long as you are putting them in the tiny baggies that are airtight, which is what I did.

Wish we could come to the party!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    I did some for the girls' birthday last week. They were TONS easier than cake pops and we used some sprinkles in various colors, they turned out really cute. The kids actually liked them even more than the cake pops because I did the sprinkles on the marshmallow pops.
    As far as making them ahead, I made them last Wednesday and I ate a cake pop today and it was delicious, though not super fresh tasting. I don't know about the marshmallow pops, but I think several days ahead would be ok as long as you are putting them in the tiny baggies that are airtight, which is what I did.

Wish we could come to the party!!!
    Us too! Get in your van and head west!

I made the candy corn ones last week. They turned out adorable and were so easy to make. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319316028.476423.jpg

I used wilton melting candy from AC Moore. They stayed fresh in the plastic bags about 3 days, so I wouldn't make them too far in advance.

Ann
    Last edited by Pennylane; 10-22-2011 at 04:43 PM.

Ann those are so cute! Thanks for the three day info, I figured they wouldn't stay fresh too long, but I wasn't sure how long would work.

those candy corn marshmellow pops are adorable!

mytwosons is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Tondi, thanks for posting the link to the sugary skulls. I made them this weekend. Super easy and a big hit! Even my DS who doesn't like marshmallows loved them.