Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Do you have 'wow' factor Christmas gift?

We always seem to have 1 gift that gets the big reaction from the kid. In the past, it's been something high on a wish list, or just a physically large item and there is big excitement. These have been things like Quadrilla (wished for), an easel (put together, so large), etc.

This year, DD will get something American Girl and she'll be thrilled. DS2 will get an Imaginext Batcave and be thrilled. I have no ideas for DS1. He has very little wish list - board games and DS games. I know he'll be excited, but there isn't anything that seems like it's a big thrill type of gift.

I don't know if I should be working on finding something for him, or if we're just past that stage now. Do you end up with the exciting gifts for the kids, and do you when they're a bit older (he's 7.5)?
    Kris

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I still do a wow gift for ds1. last year was Lego Hogwarts for ds1 and a keyboard for them to share. Year before was a digital camera. Most years have been a big, big Lego set.

Beth

zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Well DD is 3.75 and will be turning 4 the end of January. She doesn't really have many WOW items- because she doesn't know what she doesn't have!

I got a set of the Magnatiles- which I think she will love! She played with some at our local OMSI (museum of science and industry) and LOVED them.... and that, coupled with all the raves here, lead to a purchase.

I'm still waiting to see what she wants from "Santa"

willow33 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DS1 is 8.5 and last year his WOW gift was a refurbished ipod touch from the apple store. He was beyond thrilled and uses it everyday. This year his big gift will be a new bike. I agree that is does get tough as they get older.
    ~H~

Mom to 3 sweet kids
    2003 ~ 2005 ~ 2009

eno0609 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

This year for DS it's going to be a Thomas Roundhouse with turntable, DD will like this too but I have no idea what her 'wow' gift will be since we got her a bike for her birthday this month. I don't think that there has to be a 'wow' gift every year though. Both DC are really into the 'Cars' stuff so if 'Cars 2' comes out on Blu Ray by Christmas they probably won't be playing with anything else...
    DD '06
    DS '09

last year it was the play kitchen for DD and geotrax for DS
    this year ???? if their current wish lists come true it's the costco dollhouse for DD and the marble roller for DS.
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

I'm glad not everyone has one. Maybe he's old enough to not notice? I did order myself a Kindle Touch and I wonder what he'll think of that and maybe I could get him one.

From someone, he'll get the New Super Mario Brothers DS game, which he is really wanting. I know he'll be really excited for that. But, it just isn't that wow for me gift .

He's not really into Lego anymore, so that's out.

He loves games, and I'm getting him Ticket to Ride. I love that game. He still likes trains a bit and likes maps, etc, so I think it's a good fit for a lot of reasons. Still, a game isn't exciting, especially because it's not on his list . Although an easel wasn't on DD's wish list last year and she was thrilled, and I knew she would be.
    Kris

He is old enough to know that he really wants a wow gift, I bet. Ds1 wants the big box from Santa and he knows how much things are worth. He keeps track a bit.

beth

You're right, I think. Last year, we had a physically large gift for both DD and DS2 and he was disappointed he didn't have anything like that. Once we explained how things work and that as you get older, things get smaller, he got it.
    Kris

I was tempted this year to put his biggest (one I think he'll like best) gift in a giant box first so it looks more impressive.

Beth

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast