Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

I don't have a "wow" gift for my 3.5 year old. He wants a bunch of things, but only small items, so I'm not sure what to do there.

On the other hand, my older son (7) wants a lot of "wow" gifts. His big gift will be Lego Hogwarts. I think we'll also get him the Skylander Wii games, so (IMO) that's another "wow" gift.
    Sweetie Pies, DS 9/2004 & DS 4/2008

Mamma2004 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default More spy questions!

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    Well, he has the watch already and really likes it. He likes his mirrored glasses, and night scope. Those were birthday gifts in the spring. On his list are the door alarm (terrible reveiws, so I'm looking for alternatives), Video Trakr (already have it from a Meijer clearance sale!), video watch, and ultimate mission set.

He also liked the CSI things: walkie talkies, bionic ear, metal detector.

I'm happy I happened to pick up the Video Trakr for only $45 last month. I'll probably put a few of the other items together for a spy kit. Oh, he also likes the books Time Spies and at the end, there are directions for things like invisible ink, and I'm going to go through those and put together a kit of the things he needs to do the activities.

I'm also looking at some books:
    Spy Science
    Top Secret
    Super Little Giant Book of Secret Codes
    Brainiac;s Secret Agent Activity Book
    I'm hoping to find them at Barnes and Noble so I can check them out in person.
    Kris, I saw a few items in person at B&N. Since DS was with me, I pretended to be looking for a gift for someone else...which also means I did not make it over to the books. Have you had the chance to see any in person? I am tempted to just order through Amazon, though I welcome your input if you have any!

I have been watching for a deal on some of the items you listed. I'm feeling lazy and may just place an order from Amazon while I have Prime. Hmmm.

It seems our DS would get along famously!
    Stephanie

Mamma to James

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm hoping to find a screaming deal on a gently used 2 seater Power Wheels type John Deere Gator for both boys. I'm striking out so far though. DS1 really needs a bike too, so that's a possibility, and DS2 needs absolutely nothing, and refuses to play with baby toys, so I'm kind of out of luck there. I'm thinking about this:
    http://www.littletikes.com/kids-toys...peak-rail-road

We already have a ton of train stuff, a ton of outdoor stuff, a kitchen, trucks galore, Little People stuff- what else is there for a 1.5 yr old?! He seriously thinks he's 6.
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mamma2004 View Post
    Kris, I saw a few items in person at B&N. Since DS was with me, I pretended to be looking for a gift for someone else...which also means I did not make it over to the books. Have you had the chance to see any in person? I am tempted to just order through Amazon, though I welcome your input if you have any!

I have been watching for a deal on some of the items you listed. I'm feeling lazy and may just place an order from Amazon while I have Prime. Hmmm.

I ordered a couple books from Amazon. I don't remember which right now . They're here, but I haven't had a chance to go through them. I will let you know!
    Kris

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS is fixated on this smart racer 3-D thing: http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-S...1148715&sr=8-2

So I guess that's going to be our wow gift. Here's hoping it goes on one of those massive sales in December.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

Quote Originally Posted by Mamma2004 View Post

I got the Super Little Giant book of codes and totally overlooked the size of the book. It's small! It has become a stocking stuffer. But, it looks like a neat book that DS1 will enjoy flipping through. I see him keeping it in the car.

That's all I got.
    Kris

I think I'm good. Finally. DS1 has mentioned the Spy Trakr Video car a number of times. While it's not physically big, I think he will love it and be really excited to get it.
    Kris

ray7694 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Any deals on the spy car?

Quote Originally Posted by ray7694 View Post
    Any deals on the spy car?
    I found it a month or so ago at Meijer on clearance and 25% off clearance. I paid $45. I haven't been looking for deals on it since that.
    Kris

mom2one is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    Well, he has the watch already and really likes it. He likes his mirrored glasses, and night scope. Those were birthday gifts in the spring. On his list are the door alarm (terrible reveiws, so I'm looking for alternatives), Video Trakr (already have it from a Meijer clearance sale!), video watch, and ultimate mission set.

He also liked the CSI things: walkie talkies, bionic ear, metal detector.

I'm happy I happened to pick up the Video Trakr for only $45 last month. I'll probably put a few of the other items together for a spy kit. Oh, he also likes the books Time Spies and at the end, there are directions for things like invisible ink, and I'm going to go through those and put together a kit of the things he needs to do the activities.

I'm also looking at some books:
    Spy Science
    Top Secret
    Super Little Giant Book of Secret Codes
    Brainiac;s Secret Agent Activity Book
    I'm hoping to find them at Barnes and Noble so I can check them out in person.
    For those of you looking for spy gear, Kohls has tons of it. I was thrilled to get it on sale for 30% off. That sale is still going on through Nov 16th.

Susan

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4