Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    GoBlue is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Baby/Toddler Items for WDW

Hi all-

We are going to WDW in February for 6 days. DD1 will be almost 3. We were there for one day last February, and she LOVED it! Last time we stayed with friends, but this time we're staying at the Wilderness. So excited!!!

So, here's the question: What is the best way to get all of the STUFF that I'm going to need for a 3yo and a 7 month old without dragging it from home? Can I order from diapers.com and have it delivered to the resort? Is it better to have a car service get us from the airport and use the one complimentary stop to go to a SuperTarget and get diapers, wipes, snack food, etc, or more cost effective to rent a car? If we don't have a car, is there any kid of a grocery that we'd be able to access once we're on the property? I just want to stock up on pretzels, crackers, bananas, cheese sticks, GoGurts, etc that we can have in the room and take to the parks. Help me, more experienced mamas! I've all but eliminated the DME as a transportation option because of the car seat issue, and getting a limo/ car service seems cheaper than having a rental car, but I don't want to regret not having our own wheels, IYKWIM.

Thanks!!!!!

todzwife is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think you can order from diapers.com or amazon and have it delivered to the hotel and pick it up on check in, but call to confirm that.
    Shandelle
    Proud mom to Dallin 10/03 Maddie 1/06 Zoey 4/10 Sadie 7/13

KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Can you ship a lot of what you need to the resort? We were there in Sept but stayed off-site and rented a car. We just hit babies r us and walmart.

I am pretty sure there are delivery grocery services. Maybe just google? Or perhaps a car service would make a grocery store stop for you? I decided to just pack diapers and formula figuring that space would be used for souvenirs on the way home. I did not pack much in the way of snacks though as we had the full dining plan. It worked out about right space-wise.

Catherine

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have seen a lot of recommendations for "garden grocer", who delivers to WDW. I think we are going to try that. (I have a 3 year old and 17 month old. I needed a lot of the same stuff you mentioned and found it on there site). I think there is a $40 minimum and a $12 delivery fee (unless you spend over $100 I think). A lot of the reviews said it was worth it money-wise for a case of bottled water alone!

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

There's also Wegoshop, which is similar to Garden Grocer. I've used both. Both worked well for us. GG has a set list of items you can order from & they'll deliver. Wegoshop has you make out a list & tell them where you want them to go shop (Superwalmart, Supertraget, etc.) and they tack on a fee to the final bill.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Just got back Saturday from a week with my toddler (turned 2 Sat!) and 7-year old. We flew from Maryland and placed and order with Garden Grocer the week before we left. When we arrived at the Polynesian, our order was waiting with Bell Services. They kept perishables refrigerated and then brought everything to us once we got settled in our room. It was really nice having diapers, wipes, juice pouches, applesauce, bread, Nutella, etc. there when we arrived. We also ordered a case of bottled water to take into the parks with us.

Have a wonderful time! We've stayed at Wilderness Lodge twice--you will LOVE it!
    R, Mom to
    noodle 10.16.04
    peepers 11.12.09

cheri is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

You might want to check the price of renting a car vs. the car service. We just got back and rented a full size SUV for $160 (total) for nine days.

For us, having a car was so much more convenient.

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by cheri View Post
    You might want to check the price of renting a car vs. the car service. We just got back and rented a full size SUV for $160 (total) for nine days.

For us, having a car was so much more convenient.
    Wow! sorry to highjack but we're leaving for WDW on Saturday and we'll be renting a full size SUV, and all the prices I checked were like more than triple that. So, where did you get that deal?
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We went last year around this time (left Black Friday actually) and stayed at the Coronado Springs Resort for 10 days without a car. We had our 4.5 year old and 9 month old with us. We flew in from Texas. We were on the Dining Plan, so that took care of a lot of our food needs. If we hadn't been on that, I would have ordered a lot from the Garden Grocer and had it delivered.

I ordered a LOT from diapers.com and had it shipped to my resort. It was waiting for me at the front desk when we arrived. I chose not to order from Amazon because I wanted everything in 1-2 packages, and Amazon orders can come from various sellers so I wouldn't have been able to control the # of boxes shipped to the resort. We stayed at a convention resort so if you have something delivered there, there was a small fee associated with it, but I don't think that the Wilderness one has this (only a few of them do).

I ordered stuff like baby food, disposable sippy cups/spoons, diapers/wipes, disposable changing pads, formula, bottle brush, inflatable bathtub, laundry detergent, etc. Stuff I knew we would use up there and I didn't want to take up room in my luggage.

We used the bus system to get around and had no issues. We also ended up having to rent a double stroller the Wednesday evening before our trip (Thanksgiving being the next day, and we left for Orlando at 8:30am on Friday am)...and it was also waiting for us at the resort when we checked in. We had a very very good trip.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast