Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default G-luxe or G-lite?

Which one would you choose for a just turned 2 year old and why? It will be a back up stroller for our BJCM.
    My favorite things right now are my Uppababy G-Lite, B-Ready, Puddle Jumper,
    Boulevard 70

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Would your 2 year old nap in it? If so, then the G-Luxe because it reclines. If not, then the G-Lite would work.

I had the BJCM for a LONG time, and then purchased a G-Luxe for my *quick* trips. I have a 20 month old. I ended up selling the BJCM because I fell in love with the G-Luxe and used it exclusively. Now I just have my G-Luxe and a BOB and am very happy with that combo. My DD2 is an exclent napper, and she can fall asleep in the car seat, I can move her to the G-Luxe in it's reclined position, go shopping for an hour, and put her back in her car seat and she will still be asleep! I don't miss the BJCM, and I loved that stroller!

I would get a g-luxe if she naps and the mac starck if she doesn't.
    AF wife and SAHM of three
    DS(2007.March) DD(2009.July) DS(2012.December)

Im not a fan of the Stark. She will nap occasionally. Is the only real difference the recline?
    Boulevard 70

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

No, g-luxe also has bigger wheels and adjustable footrest. I think the seat may be more padded as well. Personally, if you don't mind the extra couple lbs and the expense, I would go g-luxe every time. And not just because I lust after the sebby, LOL. Though the makena is pretty darn nice for a girl!

Those are the 2 colors Im drooling over The only reason Im even considering the Lite is because of the Makena color

Does the Lite push as well as the Luxe?? With smaller wheels that would be my concern. Do the Uppa's push as nicely as the Maclaren's?

They both come with the cup holder correct?
    Boulevard 70

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have a G-Lite and love it, but wish I had a G-Luxe instead. It just looks so much nicer. My G-Lite hood is really small and gets SO dirty, to the point where sometimes I take it off to go shopping!

I believe the 2011 models both have the same hood. Please someone correct me if Im wrong
    Boulevard 70

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yeah, they have the same hood. They aren't as prone to get as dirty as mac hoods because the wheels swivel out instead of in when folded, but any umbrella is somewhat prone to dirty canopies, I think. If it drives you crazy you can wrap the front wheels in a plastic bag when you fold it.

I think the g-luxe pushes great - I pushed it easily one handed with my 32 lb toddler in it around the baby store. Note that it is crazy tippy though since it's so light. I haven't tried the g-lite though so not sure how the push compares.

Kaylee31 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think the G-luxe pushes as well, if not slightly better than the Triumph I had. My DS is only about 27 lbs. though. I don't find it tippy either, I can hang my diaper bag on it, but I do have a saddlebag on one side, so that probably helps by weighing it down. I have the sebby & love the color and the plush, removable seat pad. DS rarely naps in the stroller, but I think the recline is really deep for an umbrella and nice to have. So I would go with the G-luxe over the Lite.
    DS - 07/09 - Mr. Tempermental
    DD - 02/12 - Dollface
    New arrival expected 06/14

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast