Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    chays is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Heather,

DS1 takes Focalin XR. He took 5 mg for 7 days then we increased to 10 for the rest of the month. Saw NO change at 5 and only a tiny change at 10. 15 seems OK, he has been on that for a month now. I can see a real difference when he is at school. He has lost his "happy" but hopefully that will come back. My sister's kids are on concerta and she said it took a few months to see DN happy again. Luckily, he is still eating well and sleeping reasonably well. He was on Concerta 18mg for a week and didn't go to bed before midnight once that week. Now he is in bed by about 8:30 and sleeps until about 7.

Good luck! We go back to the dev ped next week so it will be interesting what he has to say. This is the first visit since we started the meds.
    chays

DS1 2003
    DD 2006
    DS2 2009

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks. DH said this morning at karate there was a marked difference with DS. He was not called out ONCE during class (whereas lately he has been called out over 10 times by the instructor during the 30 minute class). I have also noticed that it wore off around 3 ish and then DS was a hper mess for awhile (today he got it between 9 and 10 am whereas during the week he takes it at 7 am). His bedtime has not been affected so much. His appetite has though. We are probably going to let him drink a kids boost/pediasure daily b/c of it (he eats bfast, snack, lunch, snack dinner, snack, BUT normally he eats each of these as a small meal. Now he has decreased the amount per meal and/or will totally skip a snack).
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by HIU8 View Post
    Thanks. DH said this morning at karate there was a marked difference with DS. He was not called out ONCE during class (whereas lately he has been called out over 10 times by the instructor during the 30 minute class).
    Progress!
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

Now, if I could just get his teachers to understand that ADHD meds are NOT just for kids who are primarily hyper.... They have already voiced their opinios--why did I do this. Then they turn around and say he is bored b/c he doesn't pay attention in class and says nonsensical words (had to have the OT explain to them about how DS deals with sensory overload). I'm meeting with them on Tuesday to talk about how DS is in school for the past week and to ask to have him moved up to the grade where he belongs (now that they get that he isn't immature, but it's just the ADHD).
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

Update in OP
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2