Default What size coat would you buy?

My daughter is 35 3/8 inches and about 27 lbs. She fits into a size 3t on shirts and some pants in length (not waist-often held up by a belt). Her 2t coat fits in length of arms, but not height and is tight at the shoulder. Should I size up to a size 3t or 4t? I'm looking at Lands End Down Coats. The 3T goes from 36-38 inches and the size 4 starts at 39 inches. She is also very skinny. I'm leaning toward the 3T based on the fit at the chest, but concerned about getting a sweater under it.

Any help is appreciated.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I would probably order both and return one to the store. Although we have the down coat from Lands End a couple years ago and the girls will be wearing their size 4 again this year (although they are wearing size 5/6 in almost everything else). The one we have looks like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lands-End-Qu...item2564d9d62c
    and I think because of the style (it sort of flares at the hips) it is long enough for them when most size 4 stuff is too short.
    Not sure if that helps at all!

chozen is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

imo lands end runs big but i would do what pp said and return the sz. that does not fit to sears or lands end store if you have one near by.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I am not a gambling gal, but the 3t should really fit her fine. If you are looking for more an investment piece and hope she can wear it for 2-3 years, maybe then get the 4t. I think the 3t would even work next year. LLB is another story; it runs way smaller.

khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I always buy winter coats big so that they will last 2 years, but I buy from LLBean which from reading previous posts runs on the small side.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008