Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    Ugh. This disgusts me. And makes me steaming mad. Celebs like Kim Kardashian are part of the reason why the divorce rate is so high these days (IMO). Many people, especially younger couples, see celebs take marriage so nonchalantly and don't even TRY to work things out when the marriage isn't picture perfect. There are reasons for a divorce - an unfaithful spouse, personailities that are incompatible after trying for a while to make compromises, abusive relationships, or just growing apart (again, after trying hard to make things work). A divorce after 72 days is a shame. I want to vomit now. Not that I didn't expect it.
    How do you know they didn't try to work it out? Kim 30 or 31 iirc. People divorce for all types of reasons . Would you think any differently if she came out and pressed charges that he was verbally assaulting her, and that was the reason for the divorce? That is just a hypothetical example of course, and not true. At least there are not children involved. I think it tales some brains on both sides to see that it wadn't going to work and It's a shame they spent all that money on the wedding, but at least it spurred the local economy.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    How do you know they didn't try to work it out? People divorce for all types of reasons .
    I don't. SO yes, I should probably give them the benefit of the doubt. But 72 days is not a very long time to try to work things out. Especially things like "where should we live" which is something most couples discuss before signing the marriage license.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

They never really did seem compatible. I never really "got" their relationship...she's been a wreck ever since the breakup with Reggie Bush. I feel badly for them both. It's a very public, expensive lesson to learn.
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

Kaylee31 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think it's totally ridiculous. Why the rush to get married? They should have taken the time to really get to know each other and see if they're compatible. Most normal people with half a brain would have discussed their living plans beforehand. I think she just wanted to get married for the sake of it. I don't believe she ever loved the guy, she just wanted the publicity. I actually feel bad for him and how the media is making him out to be the bad guy. I just think he isn't very intelligent and let Kim railroad him into her big, tacky wedding. Afterwards, he wasn't willing to blindly follow her lifestyle and she was unwilling to make any sacrifices for the marriage. No surprise that it ended, but for it to happen this soon just confirms to me what a sham it was.
    DS - 07/09 - Mr. Tempermental
    DD - 02/12 - Dollface
    New arrival expected 06/14

I heard, and believe, that this wasn't a real marriage or relationship at all. Kim's people shopped around for an athlete to play the part of her husband. Kris Humphries was not the only person approached. It was a fake relationship, and the marriage and divorce were all planned as part of a storyline for her show.

veronica is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by rorycam2 View Post
    I heard, and believe, that this wasn't a real marriage or relationship at all. Kim's people shopped around for an athlete to play the part of her husband. Kris Humphries was not the only person approached. It was a fake relationship, and the marriage and divorce were all planned as part of a storyline for her show.
    See, I really hope this isn't true. I can believe the media saying this for sure but I'm still on the side that she was so incredibly desperate for a fairy tale....heck, I thought for sure she was going to get serious with the Australian bodyguard. I really liked him!!! and he was NICE!
    DD 12/05
    DS 07/07
    Twin DS's 5.18.2011

Quote Originally Posted by rorycam2 View Post
    I actually find this hard to believe. It's an "E"'show, I bet he makes more per year than that show brings in! I just don't think they'd be able pay him enough to make it worth his while. Plus, he doesn't seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer, I can't imagine him being able to pull off an elaborate scam.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

All I can say is HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    I totally recognize that there are people who make terrible mistakes and realize that only after the marriage, but all signs point to willfull ignorance or publicity hounding. They aren't train wrecks, but they are celebrities without purpose. I take a hard line on them - I refuse to buy any magazine with a K on the cover, won't watch the show, etc, even as a celebrity gossip lover, just because I put them in the same category at Paris Hilton.
    shannon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Another Queen of the House of Boys:
    DS#1 2003
    DS#2 my mother's day gift 2012
    DH
    Mikey, the cat and rhinestone-collared, pink-leashed Schatze, our Rottweiler girl

Quote Originally Posted by longtallsally05 View Post
    I don't watch any of the K shows, but I see them advertised all the time. it seems to me that Ms. Kardashian must have gotten married purely for the sake of getting a contract for a show. She ought to get a job that doesn't involve playing herself on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by longtallsally05 View Post
    I don't watch any of the K shows, but I see them advertised all the time. it seems to me that Ms. Kardashian must have gotten married purely for the sake of getting a contract for a show. She ought to get a job that doesn't involve playing herself on TV.
    Not that I am a Kim fan at all, but she does produce other non-Kardashian shows, has some online shoe venture, and doesn't she own a boutique? At this point she's parlayed her reality fame into other stuff. Not saying she doesn't looove seeing herself on TV though!

I am so watching The Soup this weekend!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast