Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

I go 2 to 3 days between washing. Like a PP said it'll take about a week for your hair and scalp to get use to it. I have very oily, thin hair and I have found that the oil production is less massive when I do this and my hair is more manageable. The only time I wash it more often if I really worked up a sweat exercising (sometimes just rinsing the hair works) or we have a very special occasion to go to.

Jen
    Mom to 4 wonderful children

DS#1 7/96
    DS#2 11/00
    DD#1 11/03
    DD#2 6/08

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    Um so I wash my hair every 3-4 days when I am not working out (aka traveling for work). I um don't do anything. It doesn't seem gross to me at all. I do shower. My hair looks BEST 1-2 days after washing (unless I work out).
    /hillary
    Same for me, but I do every other day. I've got poker straight hair cut in a slighlty layered bob -- If I had some curl I think I could get an extra day occasionally.

It will take a week or so for your scalp to stop producing excess oil (removed from alll of that shampooing)

sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It will probably work for you, but as a warning to some gals, I have thin, fine, straight, dark, slightly oily hair and it looks horrible at 48 hours after my last shampoo. I can do 36 okay, but no longer. And I tried waiting the few weeks for it to adjust and it never did. Dry shampoos work poorly for me, because they make my roots look gray. I spent more time trying to make it work than I would just washing and conditioning it and then drying it.
    shannon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Another Queen of the House of Boys:
    DS#1 2003
    DS#2 my mother's day gift 2012
    DH
    Mikey, the cat and rhinestone-collared, pink-leashed Schatze, our Rottweiler girl

newmomto1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

OP here....
    Well, I have made it washing every other day this week.
    So far it hasn't been as bad as I thought :P
    I used some baby powder (Burts Bees) on my non-wash days.
    Benefits so far:
    -Love the extra time on my non-wash days
    -Makes wash days feel that much better
    I am hoping to see some healthier looking hair soon!!

THe other thing I forgot to mention, If I know I'm going to be someplace that is really dusty and I don't want to wash my hair daily, I make sure I put it up and cover it with a hat. I makes such a difference.

Jen
    Mom to 4 wonderful children

DS#1 7/96
    DS#2 11/00
    DD#1 11/03
    DD#2 6/08

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My hair is dry and coarse, and I wash it about every 4-5 days. The more you wash it, the drier it will get. In fact, no-pooing worked out well for me when I kept it curly! (washing with conditioner - shampoo only when it is very dirty)

After flat-ironing, it looks good the first two days, longer if it's not raining or humid. AFter that it requires a touch-up.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    Um so I wash my hair every 3-4 days when I am not working out (aka traveling for work). I um don't do anything. It doesn't seem gross to me at all. I do shower. My hair looks BEST 1-2 days after washing (unless I work out).
    /hillary

OP, I think you should just experiment with it and you may be fine with going a couple days too.

ETA: Didn't realize you'd already been doing it! Hope you have great results! I honestly cannot imagine washing drying and styling my hair everyday. I'm way too lazy.

catsnkid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have fine wavy thick hair. I generally wash every couple days. I am low maintanance. I usually use either dandruff shampoo (esp in winter months because it gets itchy) or regular stuff and a good quality conditioner- just a little. On the third day it gets pretty flat. Generally don't notice an odor unless I have been at a smoky bar (rare nowadays) or cooking greasy food (again rare!). If really dirty I wash it twice, and sometimes I do a quick wash again after using t-gel because I can't stand the way it smells..
    DS 6/09

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5