Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Where to get good, inexpensive girls' shoes?

I need everyday/semi-dressy shoes for my girls (ages 5.5 and 2.5), but it seems that everywhere I look, shoes are expensive these days. Even Target and Payless are closing in on $20 a pair or more, for all synthetic materials (especially for the older child -- it's still easier to find decently priced toddler-size shoes). The brands that use real leather (Land's End, etc.) are even pricier, and right now don't seem to be offering much in the way of sales.

DO you all have any suggestions on good places to look for shoes? I'd prefer real leather, but I don't want to spend more than $20-25 a pair. Is that even possible these days?
    DC1 -- 2005 DD -- 2009 DS -- 2011

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I always check local boutique children stores for sale shoes most if the time I find something from Pedipeds for around $15-$25. You might also check 6PM.com as they had a few a couple of weeks ago.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 11-02-2011 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Siri for iPhone isn't that great for BBB posts!
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My standards for shoes are about the same as yours, and I was striking out finding any for less than $30. I'm sure it can be done, but I needed DD's shoes right then and couldn't find any at the price I wanted to pay.

I found these in LE Overstocks and ended up ordering DD two pairs. I love them! http://www.landsend.com/pp/JaneShoes~226644_5.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sk u_0=::SPB&CM_MERCH=IDX_Overstocks-_-Girls-_-Toddler-_-ShoesBoots&origin=index

Did you check LE overstock? I bought three pairs (two different sizes) for toddler dd for about $10 a pair a few months ago. They are suede MJs and have held up really well. Otherwise I'd look at amazon and google for deals on decent brands, ie pedipeds, see Kai runs, etc.

Catherine

If you have a Nordstrom Rack I would check there, and other stores like that (TJ Maxx, Marshalls, etc). I only buy name brand shoes for my daughter and have found things like Stride Rite and Pedipeds there for around $20. I do not mind spending money on shoes, as I think they are probably some of the most important things you can wear, plus they are for everyday. She does not have a large shoe collection, probably about 2 at a time.

boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    Did you check LE overstock? I bought three pairs (two different sizes) for toddler dd for about $10 a pair a few months ago. They are suede MJs and have held up really well. Otherwise I'd look at amazon and google for deals on decent brands, ie pedipeds, see Kai runs, etc.

Catherine
    Haha! Those are the same ones I bought for DD! They are such nice quality.

anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Those LE shoes are exactly what I am looking for. Sadly, they are sold out of DD1's size.
    DC1 -- 2005 DD -- 2009 DS -- 2011

Momto1 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Are you near an outlet mall? I've had the best luck with toddler girl shoes at the Bass outlet. I usually pay ~ $15 a pair for cute, quality mary janes.
    WOHM to DD, born 5/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by boltfam View Post
    Haha! Those are the same ones I bought for DD! They are such nice quality.
    I know. I'm kind of wishing I had bought more in bigger sizes too. . . . We have brown and black in her current size and black in the next size up.

Catherine

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Another vote for the LE mary janes ... with one caveat! Last Spring I got DGD1 a pair in black patent leather (only thing left on overstocks in her size). The finish wore off really quickly, especially on the toes, even though the shoes held up well otherwise, so they looked pretty tacky. This year's brown suede ones are doing fine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast