Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Question holiday pictures outfit help! (update with pic in #10)

long story short, we are having our family holiday pictures done in a WEEK!

i have the kids' outfits all ready, but i have no idea what DH & I will wear. DH i'm not too worried about (i'm sure he will just wear khaki pants and we can easily find a sweater or vest to match the rest of the family.) For me, I have no idea...

So far, this is what i'm having the kids wear

DD (8mo) - Hanna Snowflake Sweater dress (from last season), with Snowflake tights (this season) and red patent mary janes

DS (22 mo) - red Hanna Snowflake Sweater vest, white oxford shirt from TCP, Hanna washed baby cords, brown Gymbo boat shoes..kind like this

Since they are both wearing red, i figured me wearing red dress would be too much, right? So what else would go well with all this? A black dress? Dark grey? I'm at a total loss here. Any suggestions appreciated...
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 11-14-2011 at 04:29 PM.

etwahl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Yes I wouldn't wear red. Pick colors that you like to wear that also look good with red. Add accessories that coordinate with everything else. Lay everything on the bed to see what you think

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Do you have any cream or chocolate colored shirts or sweaters? I think cream or chocolate would look pretty against the red and khaki colors.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I wouldn't do red. What about charcoal grey? Perhaps something with a small red detail, a bit of red peaking out of a cardi or a red belt?
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

WitMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

A couple of years ago, we did both DDs in the HA Little Red Dress (so similar to where you're going with your kids). I wore a cream cowlneck sweater and DH wore a cream sweater with a brick red shirt underneath...just enough to add a little color. If I were doing it again, I would probably try to add a little red to my outfit, but overall, I was happy with how everything looked.

I am having the same exact issue except I only have one child. She is wearing the snowflake sweater dress and tights from last season and DH will probably wear a black v-neck sweater with red tie. I think that a nice cream sweater with black jeans or leggings would look great. Of course I haven't been able to track one down! I'm going to keep looking and my second choice is a black sweater/sweater dress.

thanks everyone! i'd love to do cream or white sweater dress, but anything light-colored is probably out at this stage... even after losing 10 lbs, i still look very pregnant, which is not something id' like to highlight in these pictures! i think ideally, i'd like a dress in dark grey or brown with red accents (that is a great idea)..i will try too look out for that.

i did try going to Ross yesterday, tried about 15 dresses, and couldnt' find a single thing that worked....i really wanted to do a sweater dress, and tried on several, but i think i will have to give that up...all sweater dresses i tried seem very fitted in the tummy area (eek)..they also seemed VERY short, like i would possibly flash people if i ever bent down!! I guess I could wear leggings with them or something, but still...a sweater dress doesn't seem to be flattering on my body type at all...it's too fitted in the stomach.

Do you think it would look odd if i just wear dark blue jeans and a lt brown sweater or something? I do love wearing dresses but think at this stage i may to give up wearing a dress too...I can't just find anything that fits right and is flattering at all.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Do you have brown cords? Maybe you could pair brown cords with a cream sweater that has some sort of accent on it? Or brown cords with a cream poncho and add a scarf?

I love the clothes you picked for your kids

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Do you have brown cords? Maybe you could pair brown cords with a cream sweater that has some sort of accent on it? Or brown cords with a cream poncho and add a scarf?

I love the clothes you picked for your kids
    ooh, i actually DO have brown cords..that is a great idea, that actually would probably a little better than jeans, esp since DS will be wearing cord pants...thanks for the idea!

i have a light brown sweater from Pea in the Pd, but after trying it on just now, it's very maternity-looking. i've been meaning to get a poncho (after seeing everyone's in that thread, i want one now too )..i'll try to start looking out for one!!

ok, we got our pics taken this weekend. i ended up wearing brown cords and Anthro poncho. I got DH's shirt (black with grey & red stripes) and tie at Kohl's, since i got a $10 Kohls gc in the mail, plus a ton of their stuff was on sale.

here is one of our holiday pics (not the one we will send out, but the one that shows the most of all the outfits and how they fit together). not the greatest IMO (i had NO time to do my makeup or hair ) since apparently, it is a MADHOUSE getting 2 kiddos under 2 awake from their naps, changed, fed, dressed for pics all by yourself (DH was grumpy and procrastinated and took a shower while I got everyone ready, grr). OH, and it's also fun trying to get 2 kids to the photography studio (on the 2nd floor) without an elevator or a stroller but at least, it's done and we have semi-decent pics....

thanks everyone for all the suggestions, very helpful!!! what would i do wihtout the BBB?

FYI - as you can see from the picture, the Hanna dress and snowflake vest are REALLY, really bright red..much more bright red than a lot of the stock pictures show. I took DS' vest with me actually when i went to Kohl's to look for DH's tie and stuff, and it was helpful to use as comparison.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 11-14-2011 at 04:34 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast