Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default What are you getting your 7 - 8 year old boy?

I'm stumped .

DS1 is 7.5. He has a DSLite and has Snap Circuits. He likes games and doesn't like Lego much any more. I need a good idea for a Christmas gift. Any ideas? Or what are you buying?
    Kris

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I've considered a portable air hockey table for my ds1 in the past. Would he like something like that? How about a science experiment kit?

Beth

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Mini-fooze ball table, lego alarm clock, snap circuits rover.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

already have for my almost 7 year old-
    beyblades and travel stadium
    slamwich
    qwirkle
    ikea crank flashight
    asking for- pokemon toys (specifically happy meal toys )
    Cars 2 video game (PS3 game is rated 10+ so I'm thinking of getting the Plug & Play TV game from Jax Pacific)
    remote control helicopter
    star wars toys
    definately getting- 2011 hess truck
    Lego Star Wars Padawan Menace DVD
    maybe- Rory Story Cubes
    Madlibs
    perplexus
    fishing gear
    camping tent
    christmas hexbugs
    Meon interactive animation station
    Craft Tape Center (he would love this but I can't talk myself into the price)
    http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/pro...=1314798500067
    Madlibs
    Piano/Keyboard/Guitar ?
    Loops
    Pumpanator
    Electronic Globe
    Pogo Stick

Other ideas
    Basketball hoop (over door)
    sports gear
    yo baby kick flipper
    stencil set
    Last edited by kristac; 11-08-2011 at 02:49 PM.
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Hockey skates? I notice you're in Michigan....

What about some sort of lessons?

I would say Pistons tickets, but that would be pretty pointless right now, huh? (j/k--I don't know exactly where you live--I'm just making fun of the NBA.)

My DS is almost 7 1/2 too, and I'm a loss for him. He does still like Legos but has sets he hasn't even opened yet. He is not athletic at all. DH doesn't like things with little pieces (so Snap Circuits are out).

We probably will get a handheld game of some sort, but you said your DS already has that. (scratching head)
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Some good ideas, most of which he has or would not like. He doesn't like Star Wars either. He has the Perplexus and I'm thinking of getting the Epic version. He's not artsy/crafty and not really athletic and not into sports. Sounds pretty boring, huh?

I do have Spy Gear on my list. Forgot that. I have a couple small items and the video car.

Games: Ticket to Ride, Labyrinth, Game of Life

He's asked to learn to ice skate, but the closest place is 20 min away. I'm not sure about it. Nice idea though and I'll look into it.

We are about 8 miles from where the Pistons play, but he could care less .

He'd love an air hockey table! Are there good portable ones? I actually do have this on my idea list: http://www.amazon.com/Face-Off-Frenz...dp/B0015R1AY2/

DD has the Yo Baby Kick Flipper on her list. I've thought about getting another, but then wonder if I need 3 at that point . I'll probably just have it on her list.

Thanks for the ideas.
    Kris

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Does he like to read? My DS loves to receive books, which is nice because it's so easy.

It's funny: DS saw the Perplexus at a party last summer and loved it. So I got that for him. Our boys must be clones.

I can't remember what's around there (used to live in Farmington Hills), but would he like a museum membership or something like that? A trip to Cedar Point? Season passes to a Go-Kart place or something similar?
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Quote Originally Posted by sariana View Post
    Does he like to read? My DS loves to receive books, which is nice because it's so easy.

It's funny: DS saw the Perplexus at a party last summer and loved it. So I got that for him. Our boys must be clones.

I can't remember what's around there (used to live in Farmington Hills), but would he like a museum membership or something like that? A trip to Cedar Point? Season passes to a Go-Kart place or something similar?
    He does like to read. My mom gets all the grandkids books, so that is covered.

The Perplexus is really neat, isn't it?

We are north enough that it's a trip to most places, like museums. He'd love Cedar Point, but we're working up to that with the younger kids.
    Kris

Totally watching this thread. DS just turned 7. I know I'm getting him the latest Diary of a Wimpy Kid book, a monogrammed small travel toiletry kid from LLB, kid's bow and arrow, a DS and at least one game, and a Blackhawks jersey.

speo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Skateboard?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast