Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

DS is 7 now....will be 8 in May. His xmas list is crazy!!!! He is asking for all the big name/price items (ipad, ipod touch, xbox 360 with kinnect, any and all DS's, etc)

So far I have:
    A bunch of DVD's (bought throughout the year at consignment sales)
    Paper Jamz guitar

I will (probably) pick up:
    Some BeyBlade stuff (just starting to get into this)
    Some pokemon cards
    A DSxl
    I liked the Perplexus that someone linked - That would be right up his alley
    Some Spy Gear stuff
    Some Science Experiment stuff (love the stuff in the mindware catalog)
    Colleen
    Mom to 2 DS (5/'04 and 1/'09)

So far I ordered him snow boots and will announce a day to play in the snow to go with them (we have to drive for snow). I also have some books for him. And we are thinking about a new bike, although it doesn't seem like a very good present because he usually hates it when we change things like that. I'm a little stumped honestly.

Catherine

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by speo View Post
    Skateboard?
    Have one ready for his birthday in April.

Quote Originally Posted by artvandalay View Post
    Totally watching this thread. DS just turned 7. I know I'm getting him the latest Diary of a Wimpy Kid book, a monogrammed small travel toiletry kid from LLB, kid's bow and arrow, a DS and at least one game, and a Blackhawks jersey.
    He wants the Diary of a Wimpy Kid book, too. He's only read the first though, from the library. I think I'm going to have my mom get him the set.

Quote Originally Posted by mrshalco View Post
    DS is 7 now....will be 8 in May. His xmas list is crazy!!!! He is asking for all the big name/price items (ipad, ipod touch, xbox 360 with kinnect, any and all DS's, etc)

So far I have:
    A bunch of DVD's (bought throughout the year at consignment sales)
    Paper Jamz guitar

I will (probably) pick up:
    Some BeyBlade stuff (just starting to get into this)
    Some pokemon cards
    A DSxl
    I liked the Perplexus that someone linked - That would be right up his alley
    Some Spy Gear stuff
    Some Science Experiment stuff (love the stuff in the mindware catalog)
    I need to go through that catalog again!

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    So far I ordered him snow boots and will announce a day to play in the snow to go with them (we have to drive for snow). I also have some books for him. And we are thinking about a new bike, although it doesn't seem like a very good present because he usually hates it when we change things like that. I'm a little stumped honestly.

Catherine
    Glad I'm not the only one stumped .
    Kris

I have no clue. He got a bike and skateboard for his September birthday from us. He's kind of moved past a lot of toys. He does like Lego and Beyblades still but we have too much already. He loves Pokemon cards, Miyazaki films, board games, video games, swimming, reading, and pandas.

For his stocking I am thinking a soft panda blanket, a few books, itunes gift card, goggles, quality colored pencils, pokemon cards, maybe a DS game.

For the big gift maybe a boogie board or razor rip rider. But he already has a bike, skateboard, and several Razor scooters so I don't know if the trike is overkill. DH is talking dirt bike but I don't know about that.

eta: I also want to get him a watch. Any suggestions? The slap watches at Nordstroms looked kind of cool but it also seems unpractical.
    Last edited by new_mommy25; 11-05-2011 at 11:09 PM.
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

So far, we are planning to pass off my husband's 4th Gen iPod touch since my husband is getting an iPhone this week. I bought T an otterbox commuter case for it in his fave color and we are going to load it up with all his music and apps. I am also going to make him a scarf as well as buy him smartwools and a hat and he will get some new books, possibly related to birdwatching, which he has taken to with gusto, and also the latest Diary of a Wimpy kid book. That covers want, read and wear. I have no idea for need. He has not asked for an iPod but I am quite sure he will want it once he opens it up.

He is still super into Lego but he has and continues to receive so much of it that we do not add to it at this point.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

Magic tricks?

DS just turned 7 a few weeks ago and has suddenly gotten *really* into Lego sets. He got a Ninjago set for his birthday and we took him to get another one that was on sale at TRU yesterday with his birthday money. He is also still really into Hot Wheels and got a couple of new tracks for his birthday that he loves.

I have the whole set of Hot Wheels Wall Tracks ready for him for Christmas and I am thinking of picking up one of the vehicle Erector sets at Costco since he likes building so much lately.
    Daniele
    mama to
    dd1 watching over her brothers and sister from Heaven
    ds1 13 years old
    dd2 10 years old
    ds2 6 years old
    Placenta Increta/c-hyst survivor

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

DS1 is 7.5 and will be a few weeks shy of 8 at Christmas.

I am stumped this year.

THings he would like or has requested:
    bow and arrow (wants a real one as a 10 yo neighbor has one. Not happening, but may buy something Nerf like).
    Bigger Nerf gun (plays w/ neighborhood kids)
    DS
    Wii
    Lego
    backpack (he doesn't have a full sized one since we HS. This would not exactly be novel for most kids LOL. Ordered a LE one on super sale)
    new snow boots (getting, but probably before Christmas. Should be here this week).
    Science kits (Thames and Kosmos, etc.)
    upgraded microscope (won't happen for Christmas but probably in the next year, but again, we HS and this would be part of HSing not really a "gift" per se)
    GCs to B&N
    Lego Mindstorms (under consideration)
    skateboard but he hasn't requested this in quite some time

He still plays with cars, matchbox cars, etc. and would like a big ramp/garage/gas station thing for them that he saw in a catalog. We had one but the ramp was stepped on and broken.

He likes his Nook a lot. He still enjoys his regular digital camera (non kid version).

We're scaling back this year because they really have sooo much stuff. We're aiming for the whole something you want, something you need, something to wear, something to read bit. I have DD pretty well covered (plan in place) but I'm finding shopping for DS1 really tough!
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I'm so glad you asked this question!! My son is 7 yrs. old and
    even he has no idea what he wants for Christmas!!

He already has a Play Station 3 and a Nintendo DSi XL.

He told me that he already has all the cool stuff and he can't
    think of anything else he wants.
    But he is sure that Santa will think of some totally awesome presents
    because Santa always brings me super cool toys! So now I'm
    under some serious pressure!!
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Okay, this is my list for him so far and includes things his grandparents, aunt and uncles will buy, too.

Bean bag for our 'new' game room
    games: Ticket to Ride, Labryinth, Life, Screwball Scramble
    DS game: Professor Layton's, Beyblade, Super Mario Brothers
    Spy stuff: door alarm, handcuffs, video trakkr
    CSI stuff: walkie talkies, Crime solving kit
    Diary of a Wimpy kid books
    Rokenbok fork lift, crane
    Latch hook kit
    stocking: gyroscope, tornado tube, magic trick, joke CD, 20 Q game

Of these things, he's asked for the Super Mario Brothers and Beyblade games, Life, spy and CSI stuff, the fork lift, the latch hook kit, and Screwball Scramble.

All the kids are getting a bean bag, as we're getting another TV for the play room and have no furniture in there.

He'll be happy with all of the things listed, I am sure. But, I feel like it's a blah list.

I guess this is a tough age, huh.
    Kris

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast