Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Where'd you find a boyish latch hook kit?
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Mine are still into Lego, so that will be part of it. DS1 really likes the Lego games that are like a quest (Fortaan, etc.) so I think I'll add to that. Not sure what else. I'm not inclined to go with a DS or iTouch, etc., so I'm probably as stumped as you.

Oh... Angry Birds Knock on Wood is something he asked for.

I'm trying to decide if we should arm everyone with Nerf guns this year. I had held off on them for various reasons and we never missed them until recently when the new kids next door have an arsenal and we are woefully underarmed. It's on my 'maybe' list, I'm just not sure.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by kristac View Post
    Where'd you find a boyish latch hook kit?
    Someone in his class brought a latch hook in for sharing day (show and tell). It was this Tie Dye one and that's what he wants. I think it's boy or girl just fine. Same link has a peace sign and a fish that would work, too. Some of the same designs are 25x25 or 12x12. I'm going small!
    Kris

sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DS is 8.5 - totally obsessed with Star Wars Lego so that is most of it. He has an iTouch we got used from a friend that currently is empty because of mommy-error, so I'm going to load his favorite games and songs on it. Books on chess. I bought him several of the original Wizard of Oz books. He also loves spy stuff and chemistry sets. He has two Nerf guns and requested the rifle. I've been thinking about getting him his own alarm clock/iTouch charger that he can play his music on as well. A pair of pajamas is traditional.

I love the suggetions, though! Keep them coming! I'm more stumped on stocking gifts this year.
    shannon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Another Queen of the House of Boys:
    DS#1 2003
    DS#2 my mother's day gift 2012
    DH
    Mikey, the cat and rhinestone-collared, pink-leashed Schatze, our Rottweiler girl

purpleeyes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DS is very into lego's so I'm thinking about making this:

http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/home-...lding-1027109/

Plus the 2012 Lego Calendar
    http://www.amazon.com/Lego-Calendar-...0633624&sr=8-1

and the next Lego Book written by Sean Kelly:
    http://www.amazon.com/Cool-City-Sean...0633640&sr=1-1

Gotta think about some stocking ideas...
    B

DS
    DD

My 7 1/2 YO is using his remote control car to death. Getting another one for Christmas this year.

We like Legos and also do K'Nex.

Favorite thing from his birthday was a digital camera.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I haven't really thought about it yet or asked DS1 what he wants, but I'm sure he'll say more Legos, Beyblades, Bakugan, and books. I always get him some new board games as well. For books, he's been reading the Hardy Boys series so I'll probably get him some more of those since he just finished 1-6. And he mentioned the Magic Tree House series as well.

For games, I'm looking at Bananagrams, Shut the Box, 10 Days In Africa, Dominion, Guess Who Mix and Mash, Toss Up, and Pay Day.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Pokemon cards (and new card holders)
    Lap Desks
    Lego for DS1
    Snap Circuits for DS1 (although they will both probably enjoy it)
    Chemistry Set for DS1
    The New Diary of A Wimpy Kid book
    new slippers--not sure where to get
    itunes gift card

I do love the idea of bean bag chairs although our family room is pretty crowded already

DS2 (7) is my problem. He asked for the 3d DS, but they have the regular ones and they each have an ipod touch, so unless I can't think of anything else, I will forego that.

I was looking at the hexbug set in Costco.

Looking for more suggestions!
    Michelle

DS#1 10/02
    DS#2 8/04

Homeschooling mom to 2 middle schoolers, once-owner of the now-defunct My Little Ducks

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post

Pay Day.

My kids LOVE playing Pay Day!!! (ages 7 and 10)
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My son just had his 8 year old birthday party yesterday, and actually got some really great gifts. Here are some ideas:

Loopz - I had never heard of this, but it's great. Kind of like the old fashioned Simon. Both my kids are loving it.
    We got him juggling sticks. They will take some practice, but will be a fun thing to do alone.
    Hogwarts castle legos from my parents. My son really has never much been into legos, but he's so psyched about this and has already dived in.
    uno spin - haven't tried it, but looks fun
    We got him Mario Brothers for Wii. The first game we've ever bought. Wow, was that expensive! But he was thrilled.
    Sudoku for kids
    Nerf guns. We've never said yes to these before, but I was kind of sick of every time a friend came over he just wanted to play Wii (he didn't play much otherwise, but it was the playdate game of choice). I figured this was something they could do that was interactive. And I don't think it will make him more violent of anything, that it is just a phase. Anyway, he loves them. I still feel mixed, but there's no going back now!
    Harry Potter illuminating wand
    Harry Potter spellbook (made by me!)
    Bey blades
    I'd love to find some avatar figurines, but haven't found the right thing yet.
    Sports pajamas
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast