trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default Selling clothes...please help

Anyone ever sell their LO clothing? We have a bunch of clothing DD has outgrown and I was thinking of selling them on Craig's List. What is the best way to do this and how the heck do you price it? Any tips or BTDT? TIA!!!
    Last edited by trcy; 11-06-2011 at 08:05 AM.
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

I have sold some lots on CL. Nothing I had was special, just typical Old Navy, Children's Place type stuff. I priced at a little under the going price, which was $1 a piece. I sold lots only because I didn't want to hassle with multiple buyers. I did my lots strictly by size. We live in San Francisco so seasons aren't a big factor here. Take good pictures and post as many as are allowed. And give a decent description, meaning list generally the contents by type of item and brands included.

Good luck!
    Catherine

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I agree, sell as a lot. Unless it is pretty specific brands that have a high resale (Gymbo, Hanna Andersson) in which case selling by piece is an option, but for that eBay is smarter.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I agree. I have found that $30-$40 lots sell best. (larger ones seem to be too pricey for people, and cheaper would not be worth the trouble). I sell seasonally, by size and am very vigilant about photos and descriptions, just like I would for ebay. I have made tons of money each season this way and it's nice to have it to buy new stuff!