Thread: Winter Coat

army_mom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Winter Coat

Please recommend a good winter coat for DD. We live way in the south so it won't get much good use but we are driving to Wisconsin for the holidays and plan to take another trip to Kansas. We plan on buying it a big bit so she can use it next year when we trek north again. I don't mind spending some money on it but wanted to see if there were any cheap, good jackets out there. DD wears a 3T-4T right now.
    TIA!
    Roo (12/08)
    Bear (7/15)
    (10/16)

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The LE Squall Parka in size 4 would probably last two years. We just got it for my big three year old - it has grow along sleeves that you can let out an inch or two. The parka length also extends wear. LE always has sales, like 30% off the site or right now $30 off if you spend $100.

There are also good deals on the Gap Warmest Jacket. 3t would be plenty big and would probably last two years. If you watch sales, you could probably get it as low as $40 right now or lower if you wait.

People here always rave about the TCP three in one coat. I don't have personal experience with that one. But thinking about your warmer climate, you could probably get more use out of a three in one coat where you live as well. Don't waste money on the Target one though. It's awful and will not perform for a Wisconsin winter.
    Last edited by Kindra178; 11-06-2011 at 01:22 PM.

thanks! I will check those sites and add the item to my cart and sit and wait for sales...
    Roo (12/08)
    Bear (7/15)
    (10/16)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    The LE Squall Parka in size 4 would probably last two years. We just got it for my big three year old - it has grow along sleeves that you can let out an inch or two. The parka length also extends wear. LE always has sales, like 30% off the site or right now $30 off if you spend $100.
    I agree with her, as I have one for our S. CA winters, which we don't use very often. I know you need one for this year, but if you want to stock up for future years, the best time to buy these is in June. I was able to get this jacket and other snow gear for under $20. In fact, I bought a girl's ski bib in a large size for myself for about $10!

that is great to know as we are moving north in 2 years. So we buy this one to use for these two winters and then we will *really* need one for everyday use!
    thanks for the tip!
    Roo (12/08)
    Bear (7/15)
    (10/16)

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

the llbean 3 in 1 is very nice too...much nicer then the children's place one.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

LE has 25% off outerwear now. There may be better deals closer to Christmas though.