Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default went Anthro shopping again..what do you think of these (update #14)

after seeing the thread about the capes being on sale, i decided to drag DH and the kids there today. This time, i actually found some stuff that could work..i think losing 10 lbs helped after all, I was actually able to fit into some stuff!! I would have shopped for more but it was getting close to the kiddos' nap time....i think DH was getting antsy too, LOL...

I tried on the capes in oatmeal and moss color. Here are pics, taken from Anthro dressing one (this dressing room doesn't look as cool as the one in elektra's pics! )

I ended up getting them both for now, since they were so cheap ($29.99!). It doesn't get that cold here, so I would wear these instead of a coat (this is the warmest thing i would need.). But what do you think about holding purses with this thing? Does it look weird? Or do you normally hold a small purse on the inside? I'm totally new to the poncho/cape thing.

Also, i found a skirt (very light corduroy material) and a top in sale section that actually seems flattering. I took a picture at home...sorry for the messy closet and dusty mirror..imo this all looks waay better IRL. DH said he thought it looked really good. I like the skirt bc it flares out and seems to really hide the tummy. Though, I don't know what shoes I'd wear with this. What about tights??
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 11-08-2011 at 04:29 PM.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

The skirt looks awesome on you! The capes look really good - I like that first, oatmeal colored one more than the yellow, if you're looking to keep just one. Score!

for Sandy Hook

I like the oatmeal cape you! For the purse, I think you just hang it off the 'crook' of your elbow, so to speak, but I might do a smaller purse so I wasn't overwelmed with the cape and a larger purse. But I haven't actually done that look so take my advice with a grain of salt.

I think the skirt would be super cute with just black pumps or mary janes with a heel - tights or no tights depending on the weather.

Congrats on a successful shopping trip!
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

I like the skirt and the oatmeal poncho. I don't think that second color is flattering.

I think you could wear booties, or pumps with a stacked heel with the skirt. I think it actually look good with a variety of different shoe styles. Great color.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

i love it! the cape and poncho. wish we had an anthro (within driving distance!)

I guess I am in the minority....I like the yellow poncho better on you. I think that it is more flattering on your skintone. If you are like me, I'm guessing that you probably have a lot of neutral colored tops and bottoms for the poncho to stand out nicely.
    DS1: 3/09
    DS2: 2/11
    DS3: 3/13

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Think the second poncho looks more yellow in that light and pic than it is. I bought it today and it is def more of a sage/moss green in person. I picked the green over the oatmeal because my eyes are green and because I have pledged to wear more colors and less neutrals and blacks.

I like it all on you.
    Last edited by kijip; 11-06-2011 at 09:46 PM.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I like all your stuff! You know I love the poncho but the skirt looks great too.
    DD
    DS

Quote Originally Posted by kijip View Post
    Think the second poncho looks more yellow in that light and pic than it is. I bought it today and it is def more of a sage/moss green in person. I picked the green over the oatmeal because my eyes are green and because I have pledges to wear more colors and less neutrals and blacks.

I like it all on you.
    If it is green and not yellow, I like it too.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

State of relief now that we will have sanity in the White House again

Great buys! I saw that skirt, too, but didn't try it on. Now I think I should have, it's adorable on you
    ds 2004
    ds 2006
    ds 2008
    ds 2010

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast