Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19
    Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

So glad to hear that he had a good first day. I've been thinking of you and wishing you the best.
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

3isEnough is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Yay for a good first day

Btw, I've been following your story all along and at some point it reminded me of something - actually two things - that happened in my life when I was young. Some kids were really bullying me at school and I was scared, but my parents couldn't be bothered and showed zero concern or interest. With the second episode when I was in middle school, my 3 best friends were in a "dispute" with another group of girls and my friends all talked about transferring to a different school together. Their parents ok'd it, but again my parents couldn't be bothered. I was really scared that my friends would leave and I'd be stuck behind by myself, with the mean girls.

What stuck with me for years afterwards was not the bullying/mean kids, but rather the knowledge that my parents didn't have my back. I really hope that your DS' fear and anxiety associated with the bullies soon fades, and I think it will because you've made it very clear that you always have his back and he can depend on you to keep him comfortable and safe. I think the importance of this can't be understated. You should be so proud of all the efforts you've made for your son. I know we all do what we need to do, but you really hung in there and made sure things were right when no one else would.

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Hurray for a good first day! Hope you are just as successful in finding a good school for your DD.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    I've been following your posts and threads (though not always posting myself) and I just wanted to say I'm so relieved and thrilled for your DS. I'll be continuing with the prayers that he grows in confidence and contentment at highs new school.

prayers and hugs for you, too, because moms worry so much for their kids. Our burdens are bigger than our kids' I think.
    I too am so happy to see your update and that your DS first day at school went well! And I am glad that things are falling into place for you and your family in a positive way!

I am sure this will be a very Happy Thanksgiving at your house this year!!

jenfromnj is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Great news! Hoping that this is the beginning of smooth sailing for your DS and your family.

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Wonderful! So glad he had a good first day!
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

So glad to hear the positive update!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Glad to hear that things are moving forward positively for you all. What a blessing for your DS to have you and your DH as an advocate for him. Hopefully you will be able to find a great fit for DD1 so that you can move on and upward from the old school.

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by melbel View Post
    thank you for all of the support. I nervously watched the clock through out the day. He was understandably nervous this morning, but made it through the day fine. He rated it a 7.5 out of 10, which is great for an anxious child learning the ropes of a new school after a traumatic experience.
    awe-some!
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19