Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    jenfromnj is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you will be able to get DS out of there very soon.
    Last edited by jenfromnj; 11-07-2011 at 10:00 AM.

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

No judgement. Just hugs for you all.

Your son is lucky to have you both for parents. You showed him how you are willing to stand up for him, that you believe in him, and now you are showing him that it is okay to walk away from a bad situation in order to protect yourself.

I think these are wonderful and valuable, though incredibly diffucult, life lessons. I wish your family all the best in finding a happy schooling solution for all of your children.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

Hoping DS has an easy transition to his new school and makes lots of new friends sooner than later.
    ~C~

Mama to a curious daughter born in May 2006 and a persistent son born in July 2008.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Melbel, I am so sorry to hear your update. I'll definitely be praying for you and your DS (and DD) as you make changes. Have you considered keeping him home until he starts at the new school? I don't think I could send my DC back into that environment one more day. I can't remember if he is already seeing a counselor? Hope things improve immensely. Big hugs to him
    K

fedoragirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Very sorry to hear this. I was always on the lookout for bullying in our school. However, whenever I reported cases to our assistant principal (in charge of our grade level), he would dismiss them or call in the victim and harass them instead. As a teacher who saw bullying everyday and read about out in essays, poems, and letters to me, I felt SO helpless. Thankfully, I used to email parents if I saw anything serious and they would take action. I just can't believe how adults in a supposedly safe environment can blow this off.
    I hope your DS finds his comfort zone in the new school and can regain his confidence.
    3 year old DD
    2 year old DS

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Wow. Just wow. I'm so sorry you and your family are going through such a horrible situation with that school.
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

sfmom is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Sending lots of P&PT thoughts your way. My heart goes out to your DS and to you.

inmypjs is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have read your other posts and am so sorry for all you and your DS have been through. Hoping the new school is a great fit. Hang in there.

anamika is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I am so sorry to read this update. Your poor DS! I was hoping that things would look up after bully #1 left. Please don't beat yourself up. I was actually very inspired by your previous posts on the way you and your DH handled the school. And you can feel good that at least you managed to get appropriate action taken against bully #1.
    Hope you are able to find a great school for DS and that he transitions well.
    Sending many good thoughts and courage your family's way
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Your son is lucky to have you both for parents. You showed him how you are willing to stand up for him, that you believe in him, and now you are showing him that it is okay to walk away from a bad situation in order to protect yourself.
    Well said. Hugs Melbel.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast