Default narrow toddler shoes?

Anybody have any recommendations for brands of toddler shoes that tend to run narrow? We aren't having any luck!

chozen is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

our daughter has very narrow feet and merrell"s have been great so far, we buy the mary jane style merrell's.

I think the Pedipeds run pretty narrow too.

jren is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Striderite makes a narrow mary jane. Only in black leather. It was the only shoe that fit my DD for years. I grew to hate that shoe! She has very narrow feet, and kids shoes do not come in narrow, only wide. In the winter, we do boots with fleece lining which stay on pretty well. Flip flops are our life saver in the summer. And then it's just sneakers - but not twinkle toes or anything that she likes b/c it has to be athletic sneakers (with the padding around the heel). Oh, converse runs narrow, but not the ones at Target. There are no narrow ballet flats.

catsnkid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Nikes tend to run narrow and small.
    DS 6/09

If you have a Clark's store near you that carries children's shoes you could try them. They usually have a range of widths (not sure what size that starts at) and DD has never had a pair of shoes that fir her as well as the ones we got there (we got ours in the UK but if they sell shoes here I would hope they have the same range of widths). FWIW I think that Pedipeds run pretty wide - there was no way DD could ever have worn them.
    Lindsay

DD 12/06
    DS 08/09

Pinky is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I agree that Pedipeds and Nike seem to run narrow which is what we need also... I loooooved Rileyroos when she was smaller but now that she's actually running around they are just too wide for her feet.
    DD Spring 2010

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by chozen View Post
    our daughter has very narrow feet and merrell"s have been great so far, we buy the mary jane style merrell's.

Ds1 wore their jungle mocs for a few seasons and they worked great. We've had some fairly narrow New Balance shoes as well.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

thanks for all the advice! We went out today and found a pair of Saucony sneakers that run narrow and fit well. We're still on the lookout for a dressier pair of shoes that will fit well and will take a look into your suggestions.