View Poll Results: Help me decide preschool picture outfit!

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1) purplish velvety dress + white tights, but no shoes?

2 20.00%
  • 2) purplish velvety dress + white tights, with white shoes that still fit?

1 10.00%
  • 3) purplish dress & white tights + too small? black shoes, for a few minutes?

6 60.00%
  • 4) Pick a more casual outfit and have her wear her sneakers?

1 10.00%
  • Other, as long as it doesn't involve buying anything I don't have!

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MoJo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Another what to wear for pictures thread

I had pretty much decided NOT to do JellyBean's first-ever preschool pictures for financial reasons, especially since they were being taken on a day when she doesn't attend preschool. But then they emailed the newsletter this weekend stating that even the kids who don't attend on Wednesday need to be there because they will be taking class pictures, too. And they have class pictures from the last six years up on the wall, and she talks about them ALL.THE.TIME, so now we have a picture date on Wednesday.

Of course, yesterday JellyBean tells me that her black dress shoes are too tight (after telling me just Friday that she wanted to wear them all weekend even if we didn't go anywhere.) They ARE a size smaller than her sneakers. The note home from the photographer was that shoes WOULD be seen in the pictures.

I have a pretty purplish/maroonish velvety dress picked out for her, which should look great with their coppery backdrop (all the girls in the pictures on the website are wearing similar colors.) But now I'm totally stressed about the shoes.

So, do I:
    1) Have her wear dress + white tights, but no shoes?
    2) Have her wear dress + white tights, with white shoes that still fit?
    3) Have her wear the original outfit with the black shoes, just for a few minutes for the picture?
    4) Pick a more casual outfit and have her wear her sneakers?

Poll coming!
    Jo

DD#1 "JellyBean" 6/08
    DD#2 "Ha" 6/10

"Theory is great, but as I'm in the trenches of diapers and dishes and ear infections, I try to relax and focus on what's most important: love."--mjs64

I think obviously, with more notice, I'd buy another pair of black shoes. But that can't be accomplished between now and Wednesday morning.

Since I posted the poll, she did find a pair of brown hand-me-down sueded-type shoes that she can wear. . . but I don't think those would look right with the maroonish-purple, or the real purple, or the black and white, or even the sage green dress options she owns. But they might look better than her sneakers with a more casual outfit.
    Jo

DD#1 "JellyBean" 6/08
    DD#2 "Ha" 6/10

"Theory is great, but as I'm in the trenches of diapers and dishes and ear infections, I try to relax and focus on what's most important: love."--mjs64

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Preschool school pic? Should be all about comfort and school day appropriate, imo. I got that mostly from our preschools that have always suggested going with casual vs dress clothes for school pics. So, I vote casual.

Beth

It is a preschool school pic. But they are bringing in their fancy set to the school and inviting parents to bring siblings for their pics too. Since we haven't had any pro pics for nearly a year, and since it's not a school day for them, I thought maybe I should dress them up more than I would otherwise.

Here's a link to the photographer's website. . . none of the girls are wearing tennis shoes, but none are quite as dressed up as I was imagininghttp://www.visualimagedayton.com/Chi...404974_kKBvPz5

I also don't imagine most of her more casual clothes looking right with this set, but I might be wrong.
    Jo

DD#1 "JellyBean" 6/08
    DD#2 "Ha" 6/10

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Whoa, that's much, much different than any of our preschool pics. The places we use usually just neatly arrange colorful bookshelves of toys and books as backdrops- very kid, very preschool. I'd have her suck up the black shoes for a brief stint and go with that option then.

Beth

Thanks for your time & input!
    Jo

DD#1 "JellyBean" 6/08
    DD#2 "Ha" 6/10

My DDs have always gone shoeless for pictures, so that's my pick!
    A, mommytoC (DD#1, born 11/05)...and to K (DD#2, born 4/09)!

Looks like the black shoes win!
    Jo

DD#1 "JellyBean" 6/08
    DD#2 "Ha" 6/10

Just FYI for future, Zappos has kids shoes and it usually only takes 1-2 days. If they don't fit, free returns! Too late for this time Sorry I didn't see the thread earlier.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Thanks for the tip! This time, I'm guessing even if I ordered Sunday (the day I found out), I wouldn't have been able to count on getting them before 9 am Wednesday. It would have been close, though! The "no opportunity to go to the store" was what was really throwing me off, and this would solve that problem.
    Jo

DD#1 "JellyBean" 6/08
    DD#2 "Ha" 6/10

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast