AKMom is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default What size shoe? Help!!

Hi ladies! My DD is 15 months old and walking very well (running actually) . She has some Robeez and some Pediped originals, a rof TOMS that don't stay on her feet, and 1 pair of Pediped Flex, but I need to get her another pair or two of shoes she can wear outside. The Pediped Flex's are 5.5's and seem like they may be getting close to being too small (which is sad because I just put her in them) but I can't really tell for sure because I can't feel her toe through the shoe. The TOMS are 5's and her heel is always coming out of them. I printed up See Kai Run and Pediped sizing charts, but she won't let me measure her foot. Any advice on measuring her foot or thoughts on what size to buy in See Kai Run or Pedipeds Flex? Also, I put her in a pair of of Chikitto's in a 6 and Striderite in a 6.5 and both seemed really big. I'm so confused and don't have a good shoe store nearby to help! Thanks in advance!

chozen is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

you could order from a sight that has free shp. and returns and then order a couple of different szs., i have to do this some times.

joules is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

can you measure her foot while she's sleeping? This is the only way we're able to do this too.

For the StrideRite's the difference between 5.5 and 6.5 is pretty big. I know this because DS is still wearing his 5.5 when he is really a 6 (we just got measured by a StrideRite employee last weekend, he said he's a 6 but would probably recommend a 6.5). But DS just LOVES his 5.5 shoes SO MUCH. We bought some 6.5 striderite's a while back and they look so big compared to the 5.5. Another thing that might contribute to the visual size difference is that the 5.5 are more summery closed toed sandals, whereas the 6.5 are more like a sneaker with thicker padding.

He can actually still fit his 5.5 shoes tho. I actually dreamed last night that his toe was poking through it.
    DS1 - 03/10
    DS2 - 02/12

AKMom is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Which sites have you used that you liked? It looks like Amazon will charge me for returns which stinks. I can definitely order a couple of sizes, though, and see.

Joules, I had the same thought and measured while she was asleep, but it looks like you're really supposed to do it standing since the feet spread. So, I'm afraid I'm not really getting a very good measurement.

chozen is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AKMom View Post
    Which sites have you used that you liked? It looks like Amazon will charge me for returns which stinks. I can definitely order a couple of sizes, though, and see.

Joules, I had the same thought and measured while she was asleep, but it looks like you're really supposed to do it standing since the feet spread. So, I'm afraid I'm not really getting a very good measurement.
    zapoos, piperlime, shoebuy. piperlime has a 20% off code that will work on stride rites as well as some other shoes, you have to go to piperlimes web-site and click on your treat today and they will give you a code to use, its only good for today i think.

I think StrideRites run a little large, as do Robeez. My daughter is a 5.5 in StrideRite, which fit well until we put on thick socks, a 6 in Crocs, a 6 in Pedipeds, and I just bought her these boots this wknd that were a size 7! Do you have a Nordstrom Rack near you? I have found some of each of those brands there.

HonoluluMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I've ordered several shoes including Stride Rites and Pedipeds from Piperlime and it's been very easy to do returns. Just be careful, I think Final Sales cannot be returned.

joules is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AKMom View Post
    Yes ideally you're supposed to do it standing. But it's almost impossible with squirmy DS. And even more impossible at the store. He cried and twisted around so much when the guy at StrideRite was trying to measure. So he ended up measuring him while he was sitting in his stroller....maybe that's why he said he's a 6, but would probably recommend a 6.5. We already know he's a "wide" in width from the one time he was cooperative with the salesperson at SR.

good luck! Why do they make it so difficult??? It just takes a few seconds and it doesn't hurt or anything!!!
    DS1 - 03/10
    DS2 - 02/12