Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ha98ed14 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Does your DD have...

the Sketchers Twinkle Toes that light up?
    Mommy to my One & Only 05.07

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

No. DD's feet are to wide for that shoe (thank goodness b/c I despise light up shoes--BTDT with DS and so glad he outgrew them).
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

No, but she has wanted them badly for over a year. I just can't bring myself to buy them, and I definitely wouldn't consider sending her to school in them. I'll never forget the light up shoes that made a CRASHING sound on one of my kindergarteners, who happened to be DEAF and ADHD. Can you imagine a hyperactive child wearing shoes that light up and "crash" every time he moved?

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

yes, we are on our second set of twinkle toes. They wear them to school every day - I don't see it as a problem (Kindergarten). IMO the light isn't very obvious in daylight. The teachers don't seem to mind. I don't know - I hate wheelies and shoes that make noise, but never had a problem with Twinkle Toes.

They are very popular here.

dcmom2b3 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

No. I managed to draw that line in our shoe shopping trip last Friday. But honestly, the non-lighted version (which I hesitantly bought for her) are so loud, so disco, so rainbow-licous and sparklyfabutastical that it really doesn't matter. In hindsight, the lights would have made her more visible when we walk home from school in the dark now that DST is over, so maybe I made a mistake. Sigh.

OK, I realize that was more than you wanted to know, but I needed to put that out there. It's the first divergence of her taste from mine, and I'm still a little flustered by the whole situation.
    M-H

"Mombee" to my Bunny

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

No but if I found a deal I'd be fine with them. My kids looooove their sparkle-y bejeweled mary janes from Target and have almost worn them out completely.

cono0507 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My 4 yr DD really wanted the light up ones but I just hate light up shoes so she has the twinkle toes that don't light up. I wasn't so sure about them at first but they look super cute when she wears them. They are growng on me.

DDs had Carter's pairs this summer. I remember about 15 years ago a little boy in my apartment complex had light up shoes. I had never seen them before and thought they were awesome! (I was in college). I still think they're cool.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Quote Originally Posted by dcmom2b3 View Post
    so loud, so disco, so rainbow-licous and sparklyfabutastical

I have no problem with light up or sparklyfabutastical shoes, but I am cheap, so DD usually wears fairly plain sneakers, unless Grammy takes her shoe shopping.
    mommy to DS who is 9
    DD who is 6
    and my girl in heaven

I saw those at Nordstrom Rack today.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast