Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Kohls has them.
    I let DD try them on & was prepared to get them if she liked them. But I was pretty relieved when she didn't. I don't hate the light-up factor but those board-style shoes offer very little foot support. I wear that style (converse), they're fine for "fashion sneakers" but little kids run all the time & need real shoes!
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

DD had a pair of the Kohls jumping beans light up shoes that she just outgrew. She was so sad that I just caved and bought her a pair of the twinkle toes from JcPenney on sale for $19.99 yesterday. They are very popular in her school with the K, 1st, 2nd grade girls.

mom to one girl, 9.5 years old
    and one boy, 5 years old

No but she did have regular (non light up) Twinkle Toes. They were super cute and recently outgrown. I'm thinking about buying her another pair and if she wants lights that is fine with me. Her PE sneakers are Geox and those light up, which was her criteria when we were shoe shopping.
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

They don't...I've tended to prefer Velcro shoes, even for DD#1 (although they're harder to come by now that she's wearing a youth size 2). That being said, if she really, really wanted a pair, and I found a good deal, I'd go ahead and buy them .
    A, mommytoC (DD#1, born 11/05)...and to K (DD#2, born 4/09)!

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I hate light up shoes. They aren't even offered as an option when we go shoe shopping.

mecawa is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

No, one is to young, the other one (almost 8) didn't even know about them until she started at the new school (private school for 3 years before this, so uniform shoes everyday, she hadn't a clue of twinkle toes or lelli kelly's) and at that point I had bought all her school clothes/shoes. She does now want them however because it's what all the other little girls have so Santa bring a pair, or she may get them for her bday this Dec.

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by HIU8 View Post
    No. DD's feet are to wide for that shoe (thank goodness b/c I despise light up shoes--BTDT with DS and so glad he outgrew them).
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Moneypenny is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

She does. They are very popular in her school. I'm not normally a supporter of light up shoes, but she needed new tennies. I told her I'd contribute the cost of a non light up pair of sneakers and she could use her allowance money to make up the difference if she really wanted the Twinkle Toes. She went for it and now loves her Twinkle Toes.
    Moneypenny
    DD is 19!

iaam is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Yes, and she loves them (she's 19 months old)! They are by far her favorite pair of shoes to wear (although her boots, also Skechers but without the lights are a close second). I got her current pair and two more pairs (for the next two sizes up) on sale for $10 each at Footlocker a few weeks ago.

The only time the lights bothered me was when we were on a transatlantic flight at night and her shoes kept lighting up our entire row. As soon as she feel asleep, I took them off!
    Last edited by iaam; 11-09-2011 at 03:01 PM.

Clarity is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Yes they do. My 5yo had a pair last year and my 3yo has this pair now: http://www.shoes.com/en-US/Product/3...delic+Tod.aspx.

They're cute, dd loves them and I find that people stop to talk to the kids and I more frequently because of them, if only to comment on her shoes. I LIKE that people approach us with a smile on their face when they see my dd's coming with their twinkle toes on. But, yes, they can be distracting. I try not to wear them when dd is going to the movies although I did forget about this the day that we went to the planetarium.
    big girl 6/06
    little girl 9/08

"I'm not stupid; I just don't stop to proofread." (PRM?)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast