Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Yes, I got her a pair this summer. They are a converse all-star type, and light up. I don't like most light up shoes, which are IME either cheapie vinyl character jobs or white Stride Rites that look like grannie sneakers, or ten pound boy Sketchers. I didn't know Geox made light-up shoes, I suspect those would meet my appearance preference as well.

However, I think the Twinkle Toes are super cute, I love the converse style, and DD thinks they are awesome.

And a testimonial, I washed DD's in the washer on a normal cycle (its a front-loader FWIW), and they cleaned up nicely and STILL LIGHT UP!
    Tarah
    Mama to the Forrest Creature 3/04 and Baby Ber 4/07
    "All true wealth is biological" Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DD has a pair in her next size up waiting for her (B1G1 half off). Right now she's in lelly kelly which are pretty loud themselves.

I saw a bunch at Ross last night for $20. They are very popular!
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yes, though she won't be wearing them until spring. Grandma bought them for her for school. DH and I got her a pr of "flashy" SR shoes and then decided that we had too many "flashy" shoes in the same size. So I exchanged the Twinkle Toes at Nordy's for the next size up....., which should be spring time.....

I figure, since she's 4, she'll grow out of the this phase in a yr or two, right?!!

ha98ed14 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by dcmom2b3 View Post
    No. I managed to draw that line in our shoe shopping trip last Friday. But honestly, the non-lighted version (which I hesitantly bought for her) are so loud, so disco, so rainbow-licous and sparklyfabutastical that it really doesn't matter. In hindsight, the lights would have made her more visible when we walk home from school in the dark now that DST is over, so maybe I made a mistake. Sigh.

OK, I realize that was more than you wanted to know, but I needed to put that out there. It's the first divergence of her taste from mine, and I'm still a little flustered by the whole situation.
    Same here! Flustered! DD has had a pair of regular Twinkle Toes for over a year. I got them at Nordie Rack for $22, which seemed reasonable for what they were. They still fit. Since school started, she has come home twice and said that So'nSo said her shoes were not pretty because they do not light up. Ok, fine, whatever.

Then Tuesday we were at the mall and I went to Nordstom to use their very kid-friendly bathroom, which of course is located right by the kids' section. DD saw the light up Twinkle Toes and asked for them. I said no. I just could not bring myself to pay $47 for a pair of shoes so similar to the ones she has.

Since I get almost all her shoes (so far they've been stride rites and 2 pr of Lelli Kellys) on clearance for $25 give or take, $47 feels like highway robbery! But I feel bad that my baby feels uncool. (How sad is that?!?! Living vicariously, are we? Ugh. Mean mom.) If I could find them for under $30, I would probably by them just to not feel bad.
    Mommy to my One & Only 05.07

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3